Greetings from Oklahoma!

My name is Mike Simon. I've been a long time carver fan since the day I walked into a hifi shop in Midwest City, OK and listened to a system. If memory serves me right it was Amazing's with a TFM-45 and a Carver pre. It was around 1989. Now i'm a sales rep for Electrovoice and do live sound on the weekends. I have an inventory of 12 PM2.0's and PT-1250's. I use them for cash and carry rentals and B-rigs. They still work great considering their age. I'm starting to look for a Carver rig for the house now. I look forward to chatting with you on the forum.

Best regards,

Mike Simon

5a8d9c58c9af6_carver2.jpg.9a8e109a99d59bf5ccc2ffcc29a41c32.jpg

Howdy Mike and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your Carver story with us.
How about posting some photos of your pro gear when you get a chance?

Zumbini- I will try to get pics this weekend.

KVE-777- I want either a TFM 35 or 45. I have a Carver tube CD player that I bought when I was 17. Mowed a few lawns for that one...

I guess I need a recomendation on preamp. I'm not as in tune with the pre's.

I would love to have Amazings or ALIII's. Hard to find around here. I might wait on the new Carver ribbons. I have Focal for my surround set up in the living room. The Carver rig will be for the office.

Hi Mike, 

I remember back in the day (late 70's) I once heard some awesome bass reflex boxes in a place in Atlanta that built PA systems-- each box had two 30" EV woofers wired up to a stack of 600 watt/ch Crown's and some guy was playing a bass guitar thru them for demo... after a short while I had to leave or I would have puked from the infrasonics churning my guts.  That much bass energy does strange things to your body emsmilep.gif

Anyway... Welcome to the forum, Mike!  

Ahh... The Old EV Patricians. They were meant to be Church/Organ speakers. They go for between $3K to $5k on ebay.

Just anf FYI. If you went to see Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, or AC/DC in the last few years it has been all EV Amps, Speakers, and DSP.