Hello all

That was the most observant fellow that ever lived. Dare i say he was also the smartest guy i ever knew from afar!
Carlin and Cosby. Both keep me laughing (and thinking) for hours.

Somerhow I thought you'd be more of a Don Rickles fan though. happy0009.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard shortcake. Glad you are sticking a toe under the "fence", so to speak.

I too am an unabashed bass lover - what are some of your favorite tracks? If I want to show off, I like Janet Jackson's Goin' Deep, Deadmou5 Superliminal, or Bela Flek's Blue Bop.

Glad you're here!

Pictures you ask. HUMMMM loaded question? Certainly found one of my recent ones to use didn't ya? I thought I burnt that negative. I will make this fun - let the guys who know me figure what photo you should give me as an avatar. Be gentle guys!

Ah, no, you misunderstand. I meant what kind of pictures do you like to see posted. You get to select your own avatar.

Although I might suggest something like...

Emo-Love-is-the-best-love-emo-love-18495 

John

Welcome aboard shortcake. Glad you are sticking a toe under the "fence", so to speak.

I too am an unabashed bass lover - what are some of your favorite tracks? If I want to show off, I like Janet Jackson's Goin' Deep, Deadmou5 Superliminal, or Bela Flek's Blue Bop.

Glad you're here!

Beat? Anything Janet for sure! My CD player has everything from Luther to Celine, to Janet, to Rush, to Ludacris to Nelly to Billy Idol to the Weather Girls.   I recently am just enjoying some DJ mix music my BIL dubbed for me.

Regardless of the music, you will find me sitting between the two speakers with the volume turned up the bookcases bouncing. Good thing I don't have close neighbors. My son is a musician, so he "practices" in the house too. He kind of likes that it is never too loud for momma.

Pictures you ask. HUMMMM loaded question? Certainly found one of my recent ones to use didn't ya? I thought I burnt that negative. I will make this fun - let the guys who know me figure what photo you should give me as an avatar. Be gentle guys!

Ah, no, you misunderstand. I meant what kind of pictures do you like to see posted. You get to select your own avatar.

Although I might suggest something like...

Emo-Love-is-the-best-love-emo-love-18495 

John

Your photo didn't load in my screen, and will check back later to see if it appears.  Again a loaded question...pictures do I like? boy oh boy, I have to behave here.

....I figure I will just watch till  someone needs me to say my favorite word.

I suspect it's one of these

Till then, you will find me here playing till I figure out what's up with the way this forum works, and changing my glasses, cause the lighted posts killing my eyes.
I'm betting you sit in front of your monitor in the dark wearing your big girl panties. yikes.gif
Me too! but at my age I prefer the large type here to the tiny 6 point type on CarverAudio.

Actually, Z you would be very, very wrong. First, I am far too busy to sit anywhere in the dark. I much prefer the lights on.
Second, although I know all of those words and more, and can sling them with the best of them, there isn't one that would be my favorite, albeit a string of them can come close at times. My favorite word usually lightens the mood, no matter how far the stick is up someone's butt during a conversation. It just calms the mood in most cases without stepping over that 'you're not old enough to use that language or you will end up in the sandbox' line found in the rules and regulations of this site. Not sure if I will have to use it here myself, but perhaps someone will have to say it to me once in a while over here to lighten my mood.
Lastly, not sure where you see a difference between font sizes (they appear similar to me), how you didn't figure out how to change them yet if you so choose, or what the font size on the best occd site I've been a member of for some time now thus far, has to do with me appreciating this site, but at my age, maybe it will just take some time for me to figure out that part of this universe.

Welcome aboard Shortcakes, lots of info here and friends and music. Tell us about yourself, what equipment do you have, what types of music you enjoy?   Ohhh and I just had to ask whats your favorite word?  happy0009.gif

Oh, I don't think I will be using my word(s) here often, or even at all, but if I do I know I will make at least two people chuckle!

I have a CT 26, M1.5T, Sony 300 CD disc and a Sony cassette in the office with a couple of Cerwins, a few other Cerwins scattered throughout the house waiting for another Carver (something) to hook up to and have a Carver and a few more Cerwins in the bedroom.

I like any kind of music, rap to classical, slow to dance, with less of a taste for techno, but if it has a boom Boom BOOM beat, it gets played loudest - a friend would say that I like to see the red dots bounce.

Got two moochers, I mean kids, and am an avid animal lover in the New Alaska state of PA!

Not a techy, just love music, and I leave the techy, "know it all" stuff to my friends, who keep me in "balance".  Many friends already here in one "position" or another, so I figured I'd check it out.

Thanks for the welcome!

Nice Rack (no pun intended) of equipment. We love pics  face20.gif

Careful Boss In some states this could be viewed as creating a hostile work environment. Count has now advanced leaving you behind.

Do you have a habit of finishing first? 

Big Grin
Now that you're done, get back to work!

Actually, Z you would be very, very wrong.
It's not the first time 'cakes, and certainly won't be the last.

although I know all of those words and more, and can sling them with the best of them, there isn't one that would be my favorite, albeit a string of them can come close at times. My favorite word usually lightens the mood, no matter how far the stick is up someone's butt during a conversation. It just calms the mood in most cases without stepping over that 'you're not old enough to use that language or you will end up in the sandbox' line found in the rules and regulations of this site. Not sure if I will have to use it here myself, but perhaps someone will have to say it to me once in a while over here to lighten my mood.
To my knowledge no one has ever been sandboxed for using foul language. Personal attacks are an entirely different matter.

not sure where you see a difference between font sizes (they appear similar to me)
This is what I see full screen on a 22" monitor. (Overriding the default settings makes it worse.)
20140226134635412.jpg 

Thanks for your clarifying reply, but in my mind, this is a forum, what you call personal attacks with words, can also be done with actions - so again, my opinion, either put on big boy panties and banter till it ends up being seriously funny, or take it to a different thread for both or all participants - you know, kind of like this one where we just chatting about me and my opinions and who I am. Now that's a thread!

Picking and choosing who is right based on one person's opinion or their friends' agreement with their one-sided opinion, isn't sending anyone to the sandbox, that's sending them on vacation while the children play. Personally, when I go on vacation, I expect to be able to have more fun than my kids, not the other way around. I'd rather have the words thrown at me and be able to respond than to be moved to a "sandbox". Maybe it is just because I have my big girl panties on, what can I say.

From what I saw and see in some reflective posts here and there, it is either obey or be in abeyance. Thankfully, I see less of that on my OCCD Carver Audio forum than I do here, but hey, give me time. Who knows? Unless I get paid for doing otherwise, I am free to think as I please, including remaining on the fence.

The font I am seeing on this screen is not much different than the font on the other site, but then again, if both sites were the same, a lot of the bantering would be lost in the shuffle. Since I sit at a computer or two or three all day every day, it isn't the size of the font that matters, but the background that bothers my eyes. But again to each their own. If the information / people are worth it, then I adjust. To me, that is the fair way to look at it. Otherwise, why would I complain when I can just "turn the channel?"

So far I think this is going to be a nice place to visit throughout the day - working on my 200 as we speak. Thanks for the chat

I don't disagree with most of what you've said, but "rules is rules" and we don't take kindly to personal attacks. As my mom used to remind me (often) "it's not what you say but how you say it".

Frankly nobody gives a flying fuck if you have a potty mouth,

20140226144521372.png 

however, if you are looking for total anarchy you are in the wrong place.
  • Thank You 2

I don't disagree with most of what you've said, but "rules is rules" and we don't take kindly to personal attacks. As my mom used to remind me (often) "it's not what you say but how you say it".

Frankly nobody gives a flying phuk if you have a potty mouth,

20140226144521372.png 

however, if you are looking for total anarchy you are in the wrong place.

I don't look for nothing when I join a forum cept what is on the forum in the first place. And again, personal attacks don't have to be verbal. Think we can agree on that point? if not, no sweat. Just a question