New to the Site

I was kind of leaning towards jumping in head first and going with MKII based on the extensive documentation and photo journals. Thanks to Daddyit, Bill D, Nash, and Rich. I’ve devoured all those posts, All Incredible and a huge confidence builder. If I forgot thank anyone, my apologies.

First I think I’ll get the amp on the bench and check voltage, align and cal meters as soon I can.

Would it hurt to clean the trim pots with deoxit first?

After that, order parts when I can.

I would like to post my progress in the amps section.

Hope to get started soon.

You certainly can clean the pots, although they usually stay pretty good (not to mention, you'll be replacing the voltage pot and both bias trim pots with the mkII upgrade)Here is the current parts list:http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=151295#post151295Note that you will need to order a few of the transistors from BD Enterprises (you can get your sankens from them too - they're a trusted source), your LEDs from lighthouse, binding posts and RCAs from wherever you choose (I use Parts Express), and everything else from Mouser. We are here if (when) you need help:-)

Thanks for the link Daddyit.

I started a list and I'll check it twice.

HA HA Augie No initials on the bottom. The Maggies are happy living here. They adopted me after bring them back to life. I can tell because they sing to me.

Welcome, sir!

I love my 500t. It needs freshening up, but I feed it with a C-11 and it drives a pair of recapped DCM TF-600s. And I love how it sounds. It's the main part of my 'critical listening' section.

Geez that OCCD.......