New Member -- Getting my gear back!

Hello Carver People!

I am a new member to The Carver Site. I bought my first Carver gear while stationed in San Vito Italy while in the USAF. At the time @ 1988, was the C-1 Preamp and M500T power amp. I had sold that gear to buy a Sumo Audio Athena Preamp and Andromeda II power amp. I had issues with the Sumo amp and smoked the left channel and burned the board, could not get a replacement. I sold it for parts, then sold the working Athena preamp. Over the years, I then delved into the AV scene and bought a Denon3802 AV receiver. While it been OK, I have always want my Carver gear back. So with that said, I have my crosshairs on a M500T local and shopping for another preamp. I regret selling the original gear, but there is still time to turn the boat!

Thanks to all for chuckling at my story. I bet there are others out there that can relate!

Best Regards!

• Thank You 10

Welcome sir... What I've owned and what I've divorced. What a lot of stuff. I remember slamming the door on my old truck that had screwed me so many times and cost me so much money, that when I arrived at the car dealership I said, "We're Divorced! Don't call!" as I slammed the door shut. Kind of like stereo huh? I've burned up speakers right in my living room and smoked amps on the bench, but to be fair, I have also owned some precious gear in my day. Most of it gone, but just the experience and memories were worth it all. Yah, to have back of what was best.

• Thank You 4

Welcome!

The good news is that you can still get these components, they are serviceable, and there are a couple of good shops that will make them better-than-new for you.

• Thank You 3

Hello Brian and welcome to thecarversite.com . We're glad you're hear. ;) 

The C-1 and M500t is a magical combination, and as 3M_Audio said, they are serviceable and upgradeable. Good luck on your quest. You might keep an eye on the "Found Deals, no dibbs" thread. Links to sales of those pieces occasionally show up there.

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin

Welcome @Brian K. Totten, glad you found us.  I have a Denon 3802..., and nope, it does not compare (using my ears to test) with my C-1 and M500 combination(s)...

Again, welcome.  And glad you found us.  Looking forward to more - and we love pictures!

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Welcome @Brian K. Totten, glad you found us.  I have a Denon 3802..., and nope, it does not compare (using my ears to test) with my C-1 and M500 combination(s)...

Again, welcome.  And glad you found us.  Looking forward to more - and we love pictures!

You bet, picking up the M500t on Tuesday! Post one!

• Thank You 5
  • Love this! 1

5 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Hello Brian and welcome to thecarversite.com . We're glad you're hear. ;) 

The C-1 and M500t is a magical combination, and as 3M_Audio said, they are serviceable and upgradeable. Good luck on your quest. You might keep an eye on the "Found Deals, no dibbs" thread. Links to sales of those pieces occasionally show up there.

Thanks for the np dibbs tip! Be sure to have a look! Tanks!