What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Sam Yahle, Ari Hoenig, Mike Moreno, & Seamus Blake, Jazz Side of the Moon: The Music of Pink Floyd.

• Love this! 1

a little light jazz.  Love the sound of his sax..... played through my Carver gear, it's like he's right in the room with me.

• Thank You 2

Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenhour, Harlequin

Speaking of big time players, and keeping the theme. :D 

• Thank You 2

Too much music, not enough time! Today it’s Matt Bianco “Matt’s Mood,” Mark Egan “About Now,” and Don Grolnick “Hearts and Numbers.” The first and last are old favorites, the Egan release I discovered recently. He was on some of Pat Metheny’s stuff when they were relatively young. Don Grolnick recorded some of the best sounding jazz (?) albums of the period before he passed from cancer. Be sure to hear the third track “Pools” on “Hearts.” It has some great transients from just about every instrument. The piano solo is incredible. Grolnick’s record “Medianoche” has some of the best Latin percussion mix; I use both albums to test speakers often.

I twisted my knee and am laid-up on the couch, so all I can do is listen to music and tinker with speaker placement and tuning. What a life! Looking forward to checking out some of the stuff listed by y’all. The first half of my life I spent performing and now I am content to listen.

• Thank You 1