New member from Austin TX

Hey folks, I have been restoring vintage audio gear for several years now. 

I have a minor in electronics and fall in love with the restoration process as a hobby.

Started with turntables, actually very old record changers. My first goal was to restore a Garrard RC-80, same model my father has but I would be killed even if I walked by it.

Now I am restoring mostly Pioneer receivers, but also Marantz, Realistic (Radio Shack), Nikko, and some other strange things that friends show up with.

Everything is an opportunity to learn something new.

I don't call myself a a "recapper". I restore things. when possible, I improve them.

I love to work on the electronics but I also go through lamps, case woodworking, polishing aluminum faceplates and come up something to fix the lettering, whatever necessary to make them look and sound good again.

Recently a friend brought a Carver amp and I fell in love with the sound of it.

I live in Austin TX outskirts and I look forward to exchange knowledge and learn more about the carver audio gear.

Edited by mgrisoli
  • Thank You 3

Hello mgrisoli, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

16 hours ago, mgrisoli said:

Recently a friend brought a Carver amp and I fell in love with the sound of it.

Ut oh, you've been exposed to OCCD. There is no cure and very little or no desire to be cured. Welcome to the colony. You're among friends (and enablers). :D

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1