Hello from Houston

Hi everyone!

My name is Mark and I’m looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning more about everything Carver. Just like everyone here, I’m a long time Bob Carver fan. I currently own several of his components namely, a pair of ALS Platinum speakers as well as several amps (M500t and M1.5t). 

• Thank You 8

Welcome Mark.  I think you'll find a lot of information here directly applicable to your system.

Check out the manuals.  They are at the top of the page under "Manuals and Specsheets".  We have manuals for Carver, Phase Linear, Sunfire, Lightstar and Bob Carver Corp.  Lots of service manuals with schematic too.  All free.

• Thank You 3

• Community Admin

Welcome, @DMarkB, Glad you found us, and joined.

Can't wait to hear more about your Carver journey.  And we'll try to get you hooked on OCCD (Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder). 😉

Where in Houston are you located (what burrough?)  I lived in Katy for a couple years working in oil and gas exploration technology.  I have fond memories of Houston..., and want to go visit again, someday.

• Thank You 1

Hi Andrew,

I live in Cypress between 290 and 249. Katy is about 40 minutes from here. My Carver story started back in June of 1988 in the Philippines at a Navy store ( The Far East Trader) that sold stereo equipment among other things. I bought my first ever Carver piece, the M500t. When I got it home with it, it drove a pair of JBL L150a. I was hooked!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 8:44 PM, DMarkB said:

Hi Andrew,

I live in Cypress between 290 and 249. Katy is about 40 minutes from here. My Carver story started back in June of 1988 in the Philippines at a Navy store ( The Far East Trader) that sold stereo equipment among other things. I bought my first ever Carver piece, the M500t. When I got it home with it, it drove a pair of JBL L150a. I was hooked!

Howdy, neighbor!

I live in Spring - off Aldine Westfield. Like you, my introduction to Carver gear was as a young serviceman stationed in the Philippines (Clark AB, RP - Angeles City). I just picked up my first bit of Carver kit a little while ago - a CT Seven preamp and a m-0.5t power amp. 

Welcome to the forum! We could use more Houstonians here. 

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Thangleby,

I remember Clark AB. First time I ever stepped foot on PI soil was there. (of many times) Angeles City and Olongapo then later Baguio were places I spent time. Did you ever make it to Subic Bay?

• Thank You 1