New Member - Jeff Funk owner of 2 TFM-35s, 2 TFM-35Xs, A-760x, and M-1.5t

I'm the original owner of the one of the TFM-35X and A-760x. The other TFM-35(X)s have been nursed back to health except of the one X that started on fire - it's almost back except for a DC offset on the output. That unit has been through a lightning strike and repair but other issues soon surfaced and hence the fire lol. Currently, have the M1.5T showing life (after a butcher job) but it's in ICU - getting some output but one channel is really limited. I'm looking for some help in finding how to perform the bulletin upgrade for the "speaker thump". Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Jeff

• Thank You 5

22 hours ago, Jeff F said:

almost back except for a DC offset on the output

If the DC is high yet reasonable (under 60mV or so), check the input AC coupling capacitors for shorts. Many models this is 470uF, but others have 220uF.

22 hours ago, Jeff F said:

I'm looking for some help in finding how to perform the bulletin upgrade for the "speaker thump".

For which model?  The m1.5t does not have a thump fix bulletin. It's one of only a few models (m400 series) that does not have a power switch. It's "instant on" as soon as it's plugged in.

• Thank You 2

Just now, Jeff F said:

An Onkyo TX-ZR50 which I like but was not my 1st choice - only thing I could get my hands on during COVID-19 that wasn't crazy $$ or out of stock/discontinued.

• Thank You 2

On 10/18/2023 at 12:45 PM, jeffs said:

If the DC is high yet reasonable (under 60mV or so), check the input AC coupling capacitors for shorts. Many models this is 470uF, but others have 220uF.

For which model?  The m1.5t does not have a thump fix bulletin. It's one of only a few models (m400 series) that does not have a power switch. It's "instant on" as soon as it's plugged in.

• Thank You 2

Thanks for the tip on the DC offset and the info on the M1.5T bulletin (that doesn't exist). No wonders I could not find it ... lol. Read somewhere that there was ... now I know !

Jeff

• Thank You 2