New member introduction.

Greetings from far left corner of the map. I found this site searching for information on the DTL 200mk2. I've been an audio enthusiast for as long as I remember, starting with my dad’s Silvertone Hi-fi. My first introduction to Carver was from a Stereo Review advertisement of Bob Carver's magnetic field amplifier challenge with Stereophile Magazine. I thought, if he can do this in a hotel room the equipment from the factory must something to have. Over the years I have acquired several items, (no speakers), that get pressed into service.  Looking forward to sharing and exchanging with likeminded aficionados.

• Thank You 13
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome. Yes, the Stereophile/Carver challenge was a head turner for a lot of us. Not that there weren't really cool products, but more than a few were not going to be owned us anytime soon. I owned some the others and I have owned some of the Carver. I am still stricken by what I have heard from the one Carver A220 that I owned. It wasn't Carver's top model or anything, yet there was an undeniable clarity that, if I hadn't already committed to a year long amp project, I still would have the Carver without a second thought.

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the site. There's a lot of info here.  Feel free to ask questions, it can often take time to get your bearings.

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the Carver Site!!

Collecting Carver gear will give back many hours of pleasurable listening.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your gear.

Edited by BobTFM35
  • Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome @Ljayinanc77, Glad you found us.  There's a lot of information here.  Search is your friend - trying different keywords will generate results as you puruse things.  You can even favorite some threads, so you can go back to them, later.

Oh, and by the way, "The Carver Challenge" continues today - contact @Ar9Jim to learn more about that, or visit the Bob Carver Corp Today Sound Room, where he posts regularly about the current line of Tube Amps from Bob Carver Corp.

• Thank You 1

This is a pleasant start to this association. Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I thought I would be dating myself with the Silvertone reference, but I see there are some common roots feeding Carver interests. And, the DTL is back in service after the drawer belt replacement. 

• Thank You 2