Hi from the new guy

I bumped into your site this evening after having an M1.0t throw a curveball at my 60 years of experience with power switches.

(The contacts open to turn the amp on!) I know, you already know :)

I had my own shop for 8 years in New Haven, '72-'80, Factory service for Sherwood, HK, Nikko, Onkyo, Fender, Gibson, Moog, Infinity, Hitachi basically anything sold in Southern Ct. Then tech at Tech Hi-Fi, Service Manager-Head Tech at Absolute Audio (4 stores),  Sounds Alive (7 stores) fixed VCRs for a couple years then 20 years of PCs, Phew! Retired now, part time back to fixing the same stuff I was factory service for in the '70s and '80s at the local record store.
I even took in 2 pieces with my old store's stickers on them, I gave 'em a 3 month warranty on the work, I guess 40+ years means I did OK.
I remember being Carver service at Tech Hi-Fi but they weren't selling Cubes, no magnetics, or if they did, nobody broke one.
If I can't figure this M1.0t out in a day or 2 I'll be back, well heck, I'll be back either way.
Thanks for letting me in
Kevin G

• Thank You 11

Welcome aboard Kevin!

The manuals are available under the ‘Manuals and Spec sheets tab along the top.

Good info in there. Includes schematics and a couple service bulletins.

I have a m1.0t on my bench right now. Just did a recap and upgraded the binding posts.

LOTS of experience here. You found the right place for sure.

Dont hesitate to ask questions. Folks here are happy to help!

Oh, and please tell us what other gear you have.

Pictures are always welcome!

• Community Admin

Welcome, @KevinG, glad you found us.  

This site thrives by having great members join, and add threads on their service or DIY projects..., that's the library of threads you see, that may help you, too.  When you can, please post your project, diagnosis, and solution..., we also love Pictures !! 😉 

Welcome again, and great to have you join!

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all who welcomed me to the forum.

On a side note, regarding the reason I stumbled into the doorway.......

The M1.0t I was looking to repair is waiting to hear back from the customer, to see if he wants to pursue the repair.

I found one shorted output, a 2SB1163, and the triac which refuses to pass current and reads 90ohms from the gate to

T1....T2 is open to both pins T1 and the gate. I set up a quick test jig and it wouldn't light my lamp. I saw one on eBay for $40. We'll see what the customer wants to do

Then there is the issue of do I replace one output or the entire stack....I can get 2 used Matsushita for about $10
I'll take pics and let you all know how it came out, I assume the customer will OK the repair 
Thanks again

Kevin G.

• Thank You 1