What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Watching the Phil Collins 2004 Paris concert. Just got done watching/listening to "Separate Lives". Literally brought tears to my eyes! 

Chops, that is a nice "theatre" for for Grant Green, et al.

Thanks dcl. I just wish I had those JBL's, or any pair of those old big JBL's for that matter. I miss my brother's old L112's. 
  • Thank You 1

Hank Mobley - Soul Station

Meters are not far enough to the right yet, Chops.  Big Grin

LOL! I know what you mean, but I'm sure the sheriff that lives right below me with his German Shepard K-9 would disagree. And I don't want to find out either.  Anxious
  • Thank You 1

Just a quick note about the Rattle The Lock album above.

I've listened to this album quite a few times on my system in the past 6 months or so. I just flipped over to Side 2, Track 1. The bass in this song "In Any Tongue" is absolutely amazing! I have never heard this cartridge or this album reach to such depths before. This has to be due to the BillD C-1 and that new 2134 opamp. Holy smokes!

I played this album a little over a month ago with the Halo P5 and M-500t MkII, and it didn't have anywhere near this kind of deep bass. That says a LOT for the BillD C-1 and its built-in phono stage. Now with the Lounge Audio phono stage with the P5 and M-500t MkII, it managed very deep bass as well, but not as pronounced.

Man, I'm loving this C-1!!!