What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Just a quick note about the Rattle The Lock album above.

I've listened to this album quite a few times on my system in the past 6 months or so. I just flipped over to Side 2, Track 1. The bass in this song "In Any Tongue" is absolutely amazing! I have never heard this cartridge or this album reach to such depths before. This has to be due to the BillD C-1 and that new 2134 opamp. Holy smokes!

I played this album a little over a month ago with the Halo P5 and M-500t MkII, and it didn't have anywhere near this kind of deep bass. That says a LOT for the BillD C-1 and its built-in phono stage. Now with the Lounge Audio phono stage with the P5 and M-500t MkII, it managed very deep bass as well, but not as pronounced.

Man, I'm loving this C-1!!!

Not sure it's your C-1, Chops.

I just finished testing this CD version (as mentioned in the last entry of this David Gilmour Link ) and the bass put out made me smile to the point of elation.  Certain songs went deep...and I mean deep....with no C-1. Phones

20170401080623477.jpg

Oh but it is. What I was getting at was that the P5's internal phono stage didn't dig that deep, and that the Lounge Audio phono stage almost got there, but neither got there like the BillD C-1 did on its own.  

Oh but it is. What I was getting at was that the P5's internal phono stage didn't dig that deep, and that the Lounge Audio phono stage almost got there, but neither got there like the BillD C-1 did on its own.

Ahhh then I'll rephrase...

Chop's--Gilmour--Bill D C-1 listening experience = Aslan7's--Gilmour--Marantz listening experience. :-))

Rock on brutha!

• Thank You 1