Carver Site- The BIG LISTEN! Group participation!

kve777

Road Show Participants  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Road Show Participants

• Members & Residents
    • Residents Only
    • Just Use Discretion

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2014 at 04:14 AM

OK, now that we have our Reference Discs(almost), I have an idea.

Let's pick a date, when we can all press PLAY at the at the same time! 

I'm partial to New Years Eve, as we will all be somewhere, not working(hopefully!) Maybe 10PM EST, that's 9 Central, 8 Mountain and 7 Pacific. I also propose a toast, to BillD and all my good friends on the Carver Site. I think it should be Jack Daniels and at the the beginning of Frank Zappa's "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow".

Any other ideas? 

(All other suggestions will immediately be relegated to the dustbinemwink.gif )

A wonderful suggestion, Kev! msp_thumbup.gif

But not on New Year's Eve. I expect most of us would be out partying. I would definitely try to incorporate the Carversite Reference Disk into the lineup, but I have a feeling the other guests wouldn't be accommodating.

Howabout 4am Jan 1, when things have calmed down, and people could appreciate more mellow music?

How about New Years Eve Eve(my birthday) 12/30? BTW- The JD is in honor of Bill Dibble. He left us too soon. I'm about to embark on some BillD mods, as I have recently purchased a C-11 and four C- preamps, as well as a C-4000. I'm going head to head with my Soundstream C-1's and a Yamaha C-6 to see what I can put on top. I really like the Soundstrean, super quiet, clean, virtually no coloration. The Yamaha offers a parametric tone control, that works better than any other I've seen. Usually I avoid tone controls, not with the Yammy. Anyway, Does the 30th work better for everyone?

OK, now that we have our Reference Discs(almost), I have an idea.

Let's pick a date, when we can all press PLAY at the at the same time! 

I'm partial to New Years Eve, as we will all be somewhere, not working(hopefully!) Maybe 10PM EST, that's 9 Central, 8 Mountain and 7 Pacific. I also propose a toast, to BillD and all my good friends on the Carver Site. I think it should be Jack Daniels and at the the beginning of Frank Zappa's "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow".

Any other ideas? 

(All other suggestions will immediately be relegated to the dustbinemwink.gif )

As I don't have a disc, I voted for beer. :P

Of course, I'd have voted for beer in any case.

John

I think this is a great idea.  Especially the toast to BillD.  I never had the good fortune to meet him, but did get to have conversations here on the Carversite.  So, 9PM here in the Central time zone, on New Years Eve, a Toast to Bill and all the great folks here on the site.  Won't be Jack Daniels though.  It will be the one bottle of Bourbon we have in the house, and my favorite sipp'n whisky for special occasions, Makers Mark.

The 30th works for me! That is a day I have history with.

It will be the 9th anniversary of my trauma event that nearly took my life. I was in a bad accident that day, In wrong place at wrong time and was runneth over by a forklift. That radically changed my plans for New Years Eve and radically changed my life as well. I don't dwell on this, but let me say IT IS GOOD TO BE ALIVE!!! I am glad I live in Baltimore and we have such an incredible trauma team. I was in the hospital for 6 months to give you an idea how serious it was.

That is all I will say about it, So I am all in with a toast to BillD on this day! I often think of him when listening to the Pretender by Jackson Browne!

BTW I am enjoying the reference discs. I never heard of Patricia Barber before, wow, that was awesome. I have listened to both discs several times.

BarryG

I have only known BillD from the multitude of threads on this forum that he was involved in. What a contributor/giver he was in all facets of this hobby/pursuit and still is because of what knowledge and heart is held in the threads. I was just reading a thread the other day involving a listening test that Rich had put together concerning the improvements in sound quality to mp 3s. In a text that Rich wrote he said something to the effect of- "...even a half deaf dog could hear the difference." to which BillD replied-"even a half deaf dog hears better than we do Rich"happy0009.gif He cracked me up out loud in reading it and he let me see the joker side of him as well. So I would be honored to raise a shot of Jack Daniels Honey(which is great when kept in the freezer)  to such a man when "Don't eat the yellow snow" begins!emcocktl.gif