Hi everyone,

I have just received a Carver PM600 last week, I didn't knew the brand before this.
I like some DYI speakers with for example Beyma woofers. So for good powering up, I was searching for some good sounding PA power amplifiers.
Started before that with Philips integrated amplifiers like FA890 later on the bigger monster amp Philips FA960 (it's a rebranded/modified Marantz).
Philips FA960 and my superb DAC: Philips DAC960. Later on I experimented with NAD pre and power amp, also found a Heatkit AA1640, weights a ton :)
After wanting more audiophile sound for some new Elac 206 speakers I used the English brand: Cyrus.
The pre amp Cyrus VS Pre was really in my ears the best pre amp, also great 3D stage.
From there on I kept the Cyrus pre amp and used sewveral power amps, Crown K2 (until now for me best sounding power amp) broke down, so used Italian LEM power amps (dual mono in one chassis) and last week bought a Carver PM600. And I am amazed, 10kg, lot's of power and audiophile sound! So now I want to google more about this brand and I hope I can enjoy lots of listening houreswith  this little size looking power amp!

Welcome to the forum. Stick around and enjoy all things Carver. A view from the Netherlands will be nice to have here.
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the forum Ralphies, if you have the time and like to read you are going to learn a huge amount from this place. Great like minded people that like to help you in most any audio related endeavor.
Pindrop 

Welcome and please post some pictures of your gear, we love to share the Carver enthusiasm worldwide.

Welcome Ralphies.I hope you enjoy it here.You came to the right place for all things Carver.You mentioned just reading the Carver challenge.He is a very interesting American that has many innovations that all of us enjoy very much.The Sonic Hologram Generator is another Carver innovation that some don't like but many,many people like it and some love it to the point of obsession.Plenty of info about it here and everyone should try it once if you haven't.Is Carver equipment common in your part of the world?

Welcome Ralphies, Like you I started out with a PM600 amp. Lot's of clean power, your going to love it. Neat idea using velcro to attach your components to the bottom of the shelves, leaves you plenty of room for other stuff on the top of the shelf. Why didn't I think of that.

BillWojo
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the site. Lot's of information and experience. And as you will notice " Jocularity--Jocularity "

Sorry fellows, I know I'm stealing. This is one of my favorite lines by Father Mulcahey ?(sp) from the original MASH series on tv.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome Ralphie, I have learned a great deal since joining, and certainly more valuable than the price of a subscription to a pompus mag.  There is a plethoria of knowledge, experience, intelligence, generosity, and as laid out above spot on humor happy0009.gif.  My Dziadziu always said, first impressions, lasting impressions and for me you knocked it out of the park with that photo.

killer