New member, just thought I'd say hello!

Welcome to the site Matt.
Fantastic work on your speaker projects. 
How about some pictures of the rest of your system, when you get a chance.
Also what types of music and or bands/artists do you enjoy listening to ?
I like classic rock such as Led Zepplin, Deep Purple, Scorpions, Black Sabbath etc.
And blues guitar rock, Robin Trower, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Gary Moore, Joe Bonamassa, Tommy Bolin, Rory Gallagher, Roy Buchanan, Pat Travers, etc. 

Enjoy the site, Blues Pwr..........

I'll get some pics of the rest of my system. For my music system I have a Spectral DMC-5 preamp, the Carver M1.5 amp, and a Marantz SACD player, and on this system I use the ER18 speakers I built (first pic, the red speakers). I'm actually just about done with a 3 way that has a 10" SB Acoustics woofer, a Scanspeak Revelator 18w mid, and a Scanspeak HDS tweeter that I hope will replace those. The issue is, those red speakers are my reference speakers and they sound amazing, so they're tough to beat. Here's a pic of the 3 ways, I'm still trying to perfect the crossover for those. Obviously these are still just MDF, I'm not sure yet how I'll finish these cabinets.

upload_-1.jpg

For my home theater, I have a Yamaha RX-V1065 receiver, a Marantz UD7007 BR player, JBL Northridge speakers for the 5 channels, and a Klipsch subwoofer. This is the system I built the speakers out of the reclaimed maple for, I still need to build a center channel and a pair of rears.

Then my garage/shop system is the one I'm building those active speakers I posted the pic of last. Right now, I have a B&K Reference 50ii preamp, a Panasonic CD player (cheap but works), and for now I'm using my Adcom GFA-5500 amp on it. I'm hoping these will be the best speakers I've ever built (at least for me). My goal when I started these was concert level output, and still have a speaker that with crystal clear clarity and depth, and was very musical with a huge soundstage. Once I get these built, I'm going to use the Carver 55 and the 35 on them, so they'll have plenty of power :).

As far as music, I listen to everything from Slayer to Fernando Ortega to Duran Duran to Eric Clapton to Queens of the Stone Age (I could go on and on... The Specials, The Clash, John Lee Hooker, Clutch), I love music. I'd struggle to pick a favorite, but Pink Floyd would up towards the top. I just saw Social Distortion play in Detroit a couple weeks ago, was an incredible show. Might go see Motorhead and Anthrax this Saturday but not sure yet.

Welcome I too am a DIY builder nice craftsmanship!

Be aware we suffer from OCCD

Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder! Just introducing yourself to the site is the early stage!

Welcome aboard

James aka Retriever

Formerly known as the moderator from hell..Mi that is!