Return of the record club?

compwaco

I want to get in on the cat house offerparty.gif
I take my fourteen free ones then drop out, I don't think they could send the debt collectors after you

Probably no debt collectors but you might get a visit from the health department.

• 2 weeks later...
From Columbia House Record survey (to my registered email).

Option 1: Monthly Box Service

Columbia House will ship you one box per month with 1 record that you select from a curated list of 20-50 records across decades and genres. A few of the records we carry each month will be selected by famous artists. You subscribe for a set number of months, and your subscription includes 1 record each month and free shipping. You may add up to 2 additional records to your monthly box for $12.99 each. 

Subscription pricing:
1 month; $24.99/month (pay $24.99 when you join)
6 months; $14.99/month (pay $99.94 when you join)
12 months; $12.99/month (pay $155.88 when you join)
Option 2: “Credits” Model
Columbia House is an online store where you can shop for great records across a variety of genres and decades. Records cost just $14.99 each when you use “Vinyl Credits”. Each month we will make 2 new Vinyl Credits available to you for $14.99 each. The credits can be redeemed for any record on the site, and they never expire. Each month you have until the 10th to decide to skip your credits for that month; if you don’t skip, we will automatically charge your credit card and add your Vinyl Credits to your account. There is always free shipping on orders of 2 or more records. 

....and no accounting for taste.

The survey also asks for artists, genres, whether you want to buy older stuff for your collections. It also has a selection questions for 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's,... etc.

There may be some choice.  

Man, Those were the days my friend, we thought they would never end. Ahem, but seriously folks, there was a mystery about it all, at least when I was a young un. And when the package arrived, so had I.

I just ordered a new release from Columbia records, AC/DC Rock Or Bust on 180g LP + CD, about $25. If the sonic quality is worth the price I will consider their record club; will report how it sounds.

Mark

• Thank You 1

I just ordered a new release from Columbia records, AC/DC Rock Or Bust on 180g LP + CD, about $25. If the sonic quality is worth the price I will consider their record club; will report how it sounds.

Mark

Guess it's not so new, was released late 2014 but I hadn't heard about it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mark

Guess it's not so new, was released late 2014 but I hadn't heard about it. 

Finally had time to listen.  First disappointment, the LP was in a cardboard sleeve (it went back in the jacket in a MOFI sleeve).  It was very clean and quiet, no pops or ticks.  Recording level seemed a bit low (had to crank up the input on my Sony CD recorder more than on MOFI LP's), and didn't have near the dynamic range of MOFI's.  Maybe sounded a bit better than the companion CD.

Not sure I'll buy any more when they start up their record club. 
  • Thank You 1