Hello!

Hello all

New member here. 

Years ago I had a Carver system,  including a TFM 25, a TFM15, and the rest I don't remember the model numbers,  but had a dual preamp,  a reference cd player, a tuner. Also a remote,  and Klipsch speakers. 

That system is long gone,  and wanting to build another, smaller system. Starting with a TFM 25. 

Would be nice to find one needing no work. 

Thanks

Fred

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 1

• Community Admin

Welcome, Fred @waybomb.  Glad you found us.

Hmmm, occasionally, some people have gear to sell here.  

Not sure what could come up, amps, preamps, etc..., but you never know.

Hi Fred. Welcome to TCS. The vintage gear is getting to the point of needed service due to age alone. An amp may come up for sale that has been service already.

If you find a nice stock unit for sale that 'works perfect' that is great, but plan on having it serviced as normal maintenance, then it will run the rest of your life at 100%. Nelion Audio is factory authorized and has 100% positive feedback from factory referrals.

Then you won't have reliability issues and will enjoy the music and the performance you remember in all its glory. Enjoy!

Hello Fred, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

I'm going to put the system in my warehouse.  100 feet long,  70 feet wide, sloped ceiling 14 tall to 16 tall. 

Steel building. 

Vinyl lined insulation bats on ceiling. 

Walls are currently the same but will be covered with white steel. 

Anybody have any suggestions for speaker location and what speakers?

At home. I am partial to klipsch. Not sure how they would sound in the building. 

I use the building to store some cars and boats of my own. And rent more than half of it out in the winter as heated storage space. 

Thanks

Fred

Edited by waybomb