Total newbie here

So, after using my my Denon Av 483 home theater system since I purchased it new in 2003 I decided it was time for an upgrade, which I did.

Since this Denon has served me well for many many years, I thought "why not build a dedicated home hi fi setup around it??" which led me down the path of researching what components to choose. Talk about a rabbit hole!

My first purchase was a set of Wharfdale Modus one.six speakers and a Carver TFM 35x amp (which was never used, brand new in the original box!). After researching the Carver, I am kind of fascinated at the man and the equipment.

I am here to learn more and hopefully get some advice and knowledge!

• Thank You 10

Hello Atomic Trent, and welcome to C!. We're glad you're hear. :D 

We'll be glad to help you spend your money. 👍

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard. I’ve only been here a few months. I’ve got some Carver gear namely, M500t, M1.5t and original ALS speakers which I’m upgrading/rebuilding for bi-amp. I’m interested in knowing what you have Carver-wise!

@Atomic Trent Welcome to the Carver Site Forum!!

As you will find out their will be challenges in mixing old and new components with your AVR. For the most part older components should fit in fine. Its when you get much newer components, they might not have the ability to plug into the Denon. I have faced these challenges several times.

Does the Denon have Pre outs to incorporate external amplifiers and not use the internal amps?

Nice purchase on the TFM-35x, great find. As you already know, 35x is a THX certified amp. Don't know what internal modifications were necessary to obtain this rating. I have the normal 35. It has volume controls on the front. For the most part I have not used them after running my home theater setup.

I have two 35s  in mono mode and use them for left and right front. All the other speakers are using 15s in mono mode.

Good luck on your journey in setting up your system! And as @Sk1Bum said

"We'll be glad to help you spend your money. 👍"

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to hear about your new journey as it unfolds. As you will find out soon enough, one piece of Carver gear leads to another, then another.  Then yet again, another!  

On 2/7/2024 at 11:44 AM, Atomic Trent said:

So, after using my my Denon Av 483 home theater system since I purchased it new in 2003 I decided it was time for an upgrade, which I did.

Since this Denon has served me well for many many years, I thought "why not build a dedicated home hi fi setup around it??" which led me down the path of researching what components to choose. Talk about a rabbit hole!

My first purchase was a set of Wharfdale Modus one.six speakers and a Carver TFM 35x amp (which was never used, brand new in the original box!). After researching the Carver, I am kind of fascinated at the man and the equipment.

I am here to learn more and hopefully get some advice and knowledge!

Another OCCD (Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder) person entering these pages. 😁 Please enjoy and learn from the Carverphiles that have done so much for the Carver community family.