What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.  I used to hate this guy thinking he sounded like an unreformed wino.  He's grown on me with time and have come to appreciate his art.  Bought the new vinyl version and enjoying it tonight with a bourbon.

34zimmo.jpg

Great minds think a like fellas, and there seems to be some love for these rockers from the north.  Please look at the current set list (especially set II)!!!  My first show was, lol 33 years ago in Largo, MD. on the Signals tour.  Tuesday night in Boston was Legend.    Unreal...lakeside park encore!

Party!

th?id=JN.pQDrCZumif1z6YPfDl9yJg&pid=15.1

Listening to Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section as I write this.  Recorded on 19 January 1957, Art wasn't told until the morning of the recording session that he was scheduled.  He was very high on heroin, his sax was in terrible shape with various problems and he was totally unprepared.  When he arrived he met Red Garland (piano), Paul Chambers (bass) and Philly Joe Jones (drums) but didn't even know what to play.  When the three others suggested two songs for the first recording, he'd heard them but never played them.  He improvised and played what he thought was something close.  He was a white, West Coast Jazz man recording with three black New Yorkers who were in their prime and highly tuned having come off recording tours with Miles Davis.  The rest is history and a phenomenal recording.  I'm listening to the re-mastered CD format.

do9zpz.jpg