It's Here !!!

B-Man

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mark,

Received mine Saturday and will be forever grateful for your generosity and thoughtfulness. This was very well done and I too was introduced to some artists that I was familiar with in name only. It's the folks like you that make this such a great site and I must confess, while I have sucked a lot of wisdom and information from these pages, I have been a "slacker" in terms of my participation and contribution. I look forward to thanking you in a more appropriate manner and want to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Bruce 
20141215045359533.jpg 

Danm Bruce - That's a hell of a setup!  Tell us a bit more about it...

Thank you for the kind words, sir - I appreciate it:-)

Do I see a Pioneer R2R in there?

My first reaction in seeing the brown envelope was "Did I order something from Amazon?" No, it's The Discs!! eusa_dance.gifThank you very much, Mark!msp_thumbup.gif Like all the others, I appreciate the time and effort(and not a few greens) that you put into the project. I've gone through Disc 1 but in much lower volume but could tell that each track was special in its own sonic way. To be honest, with the few obvious exceptions, I've never heard of most of the artists. But neither did I know of the Beatles til I heard "Love Me Do" on the radio in '63 so there's always this first listen which can lead to lifetime attraction.14.gifTomorrow's gonna be different as I intend to listen to both discs in normal (read loud) levels. 
Let's not forget all the folks who unselfishly shared with us songs that they knew sound amazing. Thank you again, Mark and thanks to every one who contributed to this collection.eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif You guys just furthered my music education. 

Still waiting, damn Canada Customs, and Canada Post. In the meantime will just have to be patient and read all the good things about the disks.

My sincerest apologies to our Canadian brothers. Apparently I was woefully ignorant of the time frame involved in crossing the boarder...

Val's leaving for work shortly, I can switch out some SoundStream (C-1/DA-1) for Carver gear (C-1/C11 and M-1.0t) and listen to the disc. No one else home!14.gif I'm just hoping the Carver can be as dynamic and have the inky black background. Snell Type Ci speakers.

• Thank You 2

Still waiting, damn Canada Customs, and Canada Post. In the meantime will just have to be patient and read all the good things about the disks.

My sincerest apologies to our Canadian brothers. Apparently I was woefully ignorant of the time frame involved in crossing the boarder...

Nope, no worries....

Its hit and miss at the best of times with the post office(s)

This time of year is probably the busiest....

Remember, "Good things come to those that wait"

My wife is checking the mailbox daily......msp_thumbup.gif 

I thank you for all the effort and money you have put into this project, my comments where in no way saying anything bad towards you. I sincerely hope my comments did not come across that way. Customs and the Post can be very unpredictable,  I've had packages from the US arrive in 3 days up to 3 weeks. 
Again I apologize if my comments did anything to cause you pain.

Thanks,
Wayne 

• Thank You 1

I thank you for all the effort and money you have put into this project, my comments where in no way saying anything bad towards you. I sincerely hope my comments did not come across that way. Customs and the Post can be very unpredictable,  I've had packages from the US arrive in 3 days up to 3 weeks. 
Again I apologize if my comments did anything to cause you pain.

Thanks,
Wayne 

Not at all, Wayne - I was just attempting to get everyone's in their hands at roughly the same time.  I figured an extra week would be adequate, but I suppose I should have asked...

No offense taken, I just feel bad it hasn't made it yet, thats allTaz.gif
  • Thank You 1

No, I think damn CanadaPost and their customs brothers is legit. Since the announcement that CanPost is phasing out home delivery, I've had local mail like my utility bill show up 3 weeks after it was sent.

The costs to send stuff across the border has also gotten insane. I had shipped amps into the US for less than $35 not so long ago, now the same amp is in excess of $100. 1215.gif
  • Thank You 1

No, I think damn CanadaPost and their customs brothers is legit. Since the announcement that CanPost is phasing out home delivery, I've had local mail like my utility bill show up 3 weeks after it was sent.

The costs to send stuff across the border has also gotten insane. I had shipped amps into the US for less than $35 not so long ago, now the same amp is in excess of $100. 1215.gif
Yup! I just sent 6 tubes to Balok, my discounted rate for 9 oz was $19.65! I used to ship stuff like that for under $10.00, not too long ago. Crazy. USPS is suspending Saturday delivery. Good thing all of my utility bills come via email.

Was all excited today, received a " you have a package" card in the mail box.
Drove to town, turned out to be presents from the inlaws......

I wonder if they lost the dang things?....... 

Was all excited today, received a " you have a package" card in the mail box.
Drove to town, turned out to be presents from the inlaws......
I wonder if they lost the dang things?.......

If you haven't seen them by Christmas, ill throw another box together Perry...

• Community Admin
Speaking of postage..., to Canada.  Dropped off my Christmas shipping, and took this picture.  Cost is 3x to 4x, across the border to Canada.  That's nuts!

20141218211027282.jpg 

Thats partly because the $billions in subsidies (your tax dollars) that the post office gets are not applied to international shipments. & I can see that.

Our government decided to end all tax money going to CanPost, the result was a huge jump in prices along with major cuts in service.