Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New music you’d like to share.

• Community Admin

Marisha Wallace, Tomorrow was released on December 4, 2020.

"Marisha’s first album is packed with uplifting show songs and sing-along pop classics, performed with love and emotion. A delightful force of nature, she is set to light up the Winter months with her sheer positivity and joy!

it is her positive attitude, exuberant personality and a touch of Southern hospitality that makes her instantly loveable. With a sensational voice that is guaranteed to bring a chill to your spine and a tear to your eye, she proves she is more than a singer, more than a performer, she is an inspiration. When Marisha tells you she’s “here to stay”, you’d better believe it!"

You can read the rest of the review here...

All I can say about her voice is WOW. 

• Thank You 3
  • Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m at the point in my audio journey (and I’m sure a few of you are too) where I really don’t need more gear, are at least gear that is significantly better than what I already have is beyond my means

Backbone Slip...    

Robin Trower, Maxi Priest, Livingstone Brown, United State of Mind was released on October 9, 2020.   "Three legendary artists singer/songwriter Maxi Priest, guitarist Robin Trower, and prod

Posted Images

IMG_3549.jpg.729d89432e792c5c0b0830c1508eb8e9.jpg

Late Arriving Valentine's Day music:

“It’s always been a joke in the King Crimson camp that there’s never a line for the women’s restrooms during intermissions,” says Deborah Mastelotto. “King Crimson plays loud and it’s often intense and raucous. But it can also be haunting and melodic, with some of the most beautiful lyrics ever. We wanted to help uncover that sweetness and introduce the songs to a different type of audience .”
So, Valentine’s Day 2021 sees an unexpected surprise with the release of A Romantic’s Guide to King Crimson, a 12-track album of reinvented King Crimson material by the husband-and-wife duo Deborah and Pat Mastelotto. The addition of a female singer automatically changes the feel of those songs and places them in a different genre. Our idea is to create a way for people, especially women, to appreciate the beauty of King Crimson’s music without the fear and sometimes resistance attached to the word ‘prog’ getting in the way.”

interesting concept, however, half way through its initial spin, I conceded to my wife who has bravely taken in King Crimson with me,  The line at the beer concession, shall we go? 

• Thank You 3
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Community Admin

Willie Nelson, That's Life was released on February 26, 2021.

This is Willie's second tribute album to Frank Sinatra.

"It ought to be clear now, if it hadn’t become obvious already, that Willie Nelson’s a musical chameleon, unbounded by any initial identification with country. Even at the age of 87, his musical ambition appears as resilient as ever, evidence of an unflappable desire to transcend any and all musical boundaries, be it Outlaw Americana, folk, rock, roots, reggae or any other style that falls in-between. That said, his love for the great American songbook found him laying a path that others would eventually follow— Bob Dylan, Carly Simon, Linda Ronstadt and Rod Stewart, among the many. Yet even while his widely heralded album Stardust made those intentions clear upon its release, some 43 years ago this April, a consistent series of covers littered his recorded repertoire since very early on."

You can read the rest of the review here...