New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

The Aristocrats With Primuz Chamber Orchestra dropped on June 3rd. The album came about after the band stumbled across the PCO playing one of their songs, and they liked their arrangement so much that a collaboration was proposed. The result is 9 songs from across The Aristocrats' catalog reimagined from the floor up with lush orchestration raising the bar where it had only previously been implied. The album is available on CD, hi-res 24/96 download, and limited edition gatefold double vinyl.

Additionally, the band embarks on a 50 show N. American tour starting July 1st. Details at the-aristocrats-band.com

Here's the first visualizer video, The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde.

Edited by weitrhino
  • That Rocks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Admin

Jackie Venson,  Love Transcends was released on September 24, 2021.

"... she hadn’t made a strictly blues-centric album until her latest offering, Love Transcends. After a few years of playing the guitar, she had started “happily” wandering sonically, incorporating and blending more genres. She likes how one can push the boundaries of any genre by “introducing little facets of others.” "

I discovered Jackie Venson via Austin CIty Limits, and I am amazed, even overwhelmed at the shear joy she exudes while performing. Even though she spoke about Black Lives Matter, she did so in a way that came from her soul, and she did so without coming across as only black lives matter. Her message was spot on in that she said several times, "We all matter."

On ACL, Venson and Tameca Jones did a cover of SRV's Texas Flood. I've included that performance here.

• That Rocks 1