New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

Thank you. Parking is screwy at the Hollywood Bowl - it is stacked parking so you don't leave before the people in front of you leave. No early exit. If you go either Uber in or park about a block away at the American Legion. Then you can get your car anytime.

• Thank You 1

On 5/14/2024 at 12:41 PM, Receiver2000 said:

Thank you. Parking is screwy at the Hollywood Bowl - it is stacked parking so you don't leave before the people in front of you leave. No early exit. If you go either Uber in or park about a block away at the American Legion. Then you can get your car anytime.

Thank you!

I got my ticket for the Oct 29 show. Never thought I'd travel half way across the country for a show, but it is David Gilmour, and there most likely be many more chances to see him perform.

Hollywood Bowl is a really cool place. I need to try to get this arranged on my end so we can connect. After years of gibber jabbering on CS,  it would be great to meet. Even if we we don't sit together we can meet up at one of the fantastic places up the ramp to the bowl. Let's PM tomorrow. 

• Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, Receiver2000 said:

Hollywood Bowl is a really cool place. I need to try to get this arranged on my end so we can connect. After years of gibber jabbering on CS,  it would be great to meet. Even if we we don't sit together we can meet up at one of the fantastic places up the ramp to the bowl. Let's PM tomorrow. 

Sounds good to me. I've not decided if I'll fly or drive yet. There's a few national parks I'd like to see in California. I think y'all have 9? I know I'd like to see Yosemite, Redwood, Death Valley, Sequoia, and Joshua Tree.

Judas Priest, Invincible Shield was released on March 6, 2024

"In general, Judas Priest gives us an absolute shred fest with the solos on Invincible Shield. The solos on both "Sons of Thunder" (played by Glenn Tipton) and "Escape from Reality" (performed by Faulkner) really dial up the intensity and showcase just how adept the original masters are at their craft. The songs themselves don't stray from that songwriting formula Judas Priest really honed on those early 80s records and those us pushing 50 will get chills from the nostalgia."

You can read the rest of the review here...

• Thank You 2

Blue Oyster Cult, Ghost Stories was released on April 12, 2024.

"With 15 studio albums prior to the release of the interesting and new Ghost Stories, BÖC truly have no reason to provide us with new music, so they didn’t. What I mean by that is that Ghost Stories is less an album and more of a collection of forgotten pre-production tracks from 1977-1984 (Spectres through The Revölution by Night) as well as another cover from 2016. In other words, this is new old music and not new new music."

• Thank You 5

Mark Knopfler, One Deep River was released on April 12, 2024.

"One Deep River finds Knopfler at the ripe old age of seventy-four, and having not released a new record in six years – the longest gap between albums in quite a while. For the most part, though, this latest effort doesn’t feel like much of a divergence from the singer-songwriter’s norm. It continues his recent slide into more and more mellow musical territory - even vaguely high-energy tracks like the jaunty opener “Two Pairs Of Hands” and the bluesy “Scavengers Yard” are quite chill, while still proving positively energetic compared to the dozing country-rock of “Smart Money” or the utterly subdued “Black Tie Jobs” and “This One’s Not Going To End Well”.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1