Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New music you’d like to share.

Trond Kallevåg , Fengselsfugl

"Trond Kallevåg’s Fengselsfugl  (prison bird in english) might well be the soundtrack
of the prison-movie that director Wim Wenders never made, closely related to the
musical landscapes of Ry Cooder and Bill Frisell. Once again joined by fellow Hubroartist, the great Geir Sundstøl.

“Fengselsfugl” is the long-awaited follow-up to his critically acclaimed album and Hubro
debut Bedehus & Hawaii (Prayer house and Hawaii) from 2019 which was inspired by
his deeply religious grandparents and their strange prayer house music that according to
Trond sounded a bit like Hawaiian guitar-music or slack key. Both albums follow an
artistic concept that is based upon his encounters with environments that stand next to the
established. Bedehus & Hawaii was highlighted as one of the 15 best jazz albums in
2019 by Bandcamp - one of the world's largest websites for selling music: 'Kallevåg has
created one of the most gorgeous recordings to hit the shelves in 2019!"…' The
contemplative release from Trond Kallevåg is a deep dive into serenity, where melodic
improvisations melt into indistinguishable shapes and take on the logic of dreams.' He has
also by numerous reviewers been compared to guitarists like Ry Cooder and Bill Frisell.
Bedehus & Hawaii locates Trond Kallevag Hansen at the right height on the heels of Ry
Cooder and Bill Frisell"...Jazzaroundmag.

• Thank You 4
  • Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Backbone Slip...    

I’m at the point in my audio journey (and I’m sure a few of you are too) where I really don’t need more gear, are at least gear that is significantly better than what I already have is beyond my means

Snarky Puppy   Quarter Master (groundUP)    

Posted Images

image_php.jpeg.ce69196024a4d346e27367337393daf2.jpeg

"A fresh and open music, delicate and space-conscious, is shaped as drummer Thomas Strønen and Ayumi Tanaka, previously heard in the ensemble Time Is A Blind Guide on Lucus, resurface in a new trio with clarinettist/singer/percussionist Marthe Lea. The group first came together at Oslo’s Royal Academy of Music, where for two years the players would meet each week for exploratory music making. Strønen: 'We always played freely- drifting between elements of contemporary classical music, folk music, jazz, whatever we were inspired by. Sometimes the music was very quiet and minimalistic: playing together generated some special experiences.' The spontaneous spirit of the music is reflected in the trio’s debut recording, which was made at the Lugano radio studio and produced by Manfred Eicher. With the exception of the title piece, based on a traditional Norwegian tune, the music on Bayou was collectively created in the moment."

• Thank You 3
6 hours ago, Charlie said:

Walter Chancellor Jr - "Beautiful Day"  released April 2019

I like this! I will have to look into this more. Thanks for sharing…….grin

• Thank You 1
  • Community Admin

Touch, Tomorrow Never Comes was released on April 30, 2021.

"Touch was the first band to play at the inaugural Monsters Of Rock Festival at Castle Donington in 1980, along with Rainbow, Scorpions, Judas Priest and Saxon. A live version of their hit, "Don't You Know What Love Is", appeared on the compilation LP Monsters Of Rock, documenting the performances at the festival.

The original band have now reformed after almost 40 years to create the new album, Tomorrow Never Comes, which is already being hailed as their best work to date."

You can read the rest of the review here...

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1