Sunfire Pre-amp & Amp woes

About 20 years or so I purchased Sunfire equipment. The Sunfire tubed pre-amp and 2 channel amp. Nice rookie purchase. Paired them with Kirksaeter speakers. Wow, did that match work.

in a bad move,i sold the Pre-amp 2015. The Kirksaeters are also gone.

I’ve now paired the Sunfire amp with an Audiolab integrated amp and Klipsch Forte speakers. Sounds good.  Not like the Sunfire system. Gonna be chasing that ghost forever. Cheers to Bob and the Sunfire squad.

• Thank You 13

Yeah, everyone has those regrets. Sometimes you need to vent to be part of the crowd. 
Since I acquired the Klipsch speakers, Im on the fence as to whether I should keep the 300w Sunfire or not. 
Wow it’s overkill. 

@Tom Charles Welcome to the Carver Site.

I had a Sunfire AV unit but moved it on. Yes it was a great sounding unit and paired well with my existing Carver gear. My current unit is New (Marantz), and brings me more into the 21st century.  It allows me to blend my legacy equipment (Carver Amps) better along with any new present day equipment.

I can add new equipment with less of a hassle trying to figure out how to hook it up to a unit that doesn't have the proper input. For one it had no HDMI.

I was able to add new Klipsch Atmos speakers along with a new player that can play atmos movies.

For me I would keep and enjoy the Sunfire Amp for as long as the journey takes you.

Good luck  in collecting more equipment to add to your existing pieces of nice gear!

Again, Welcome!!

Welcome aboard!  Yes, i think most of us here have parted with gear, either out of necessity or to move along to another piece of gear!  I have had only a couple of pieces that I ever regret getting rid of, but the nice thing is, with the different venus for buying and selling on the good old interweb, there is always the chance of being able to find that piece that you  had given up!  I have been able to find several items that I've let go of and been able to replace.  The only thing you can't get back is the satisfaction of being your original item.

• Thank You 3

On 2/25/2024 at 4:53 PM, Tom Charles said:

Since I acquired the Klipsch speakers, Im on the fence as to whether I should keep the 300w Sunfire or not. 
Wow it’s overkill. 

Welcome to the forum! Have you considered one of the newer Carver tube amps? They sound excellent with Klipsch speakers.

Yes I am looking at the new stuff.  definitely inconsideration if I move off the Sunfire.

BTW

ITried inserting a pic of my gear. Seems as if the iPhone photo is too big to handle. Unless I’m doing something incorrect.

• Ut Oh 1

the size of the content in the post should not be any more than 1.0mb. This includes text and pictures.  @Sk1Bum I think this is still current.

I usually edit my pictures to about 500kb or less.

This picture started out as a 2.7 MB file. Transferd it from my phone to my laptop and used a photo editor to reduce it to 439kb. 

Might be able to change the resolution on the phone so it only takes smaller pictures.

image.thumb.jpeg.72200c3061c7d0de877a620f9fbd293e.jpeg

Hope this helps.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

28 minutes ago, BobTFM35 said:

the size of the content in the post should not be any more than 1.0mb.

I don't recall what the limit is, and I don't have access to those settings now. @wrf or @AndrewJohn might be able to answer that question. 

An excellent, free photo editor is paint.net, and it's available here:

https://www.getpaint.net/

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin
1 hour ago, Tom Charles said:

ITried inserting a pic of my gear. Seems as if the iPhone photo is too big to handle. Unless I’m doing something incorrect.

11 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

I don't recall what the limit is, and I don't have access to those settings now. @wrf or @AndrewJohn might be able to answer that question. 

I don't recall the limit, @wrf may know.  I do know that HUGE high rez photos fill our servers up quickly, and in general it's best to reduce them, since massive files won't display any better on a normal pc screen or phone anyway, with all the unnecessary resolution.

I always reduce images to generallized average visible resolution - sometimes I forget, but have not bumped into a limit myself.

Oh, Also, an iPhone will limit what it can "export" to other applications, too.  There's a whole lot of behind-the-scenes logic that Apple does..., that may also be limiting.  For me, I never post pictures from my iphone to TCS - I always mail them to myself, then from my PC post them to TCS running in my browser on the PC.  That may be why I've never encountered an issue.

• Thank You 1