Hi from Europe and Interest in Car Audio

Hi everyone who reads this, greetings from the center of Europe - Poland. My name is Łukasz and I have been walking around this world since 97' so relatively recently, the only Carver product I have at home is the Car Audio Carver M-4120 amplifier, I must admit that in the future I would like to rebuild it because it is in poor visual condition, but technically it is efficient.

Carver is not the only amplifier I keep at home, unfortunately I got sick with collecting about two years ago and I have about 20 other amplifiers from the 80'-00' era and still growing. I realize that 90% of the people here are people who deal with Home Audio, but I hope that we will get along somehow. Best regards

• Thank You 12

Welcome aboard @Tuesfurioza

Yes, mostly home audio guys but there are a few car audio buffs here.

I’m one of them. 😁

I have an extensive collection of A/D/S gear I’ve accumulated. I just wasn’t aware of Carver car audio at the time.

I’ve recapped my amps recently and did a burn in on some speakers in my basement shop.

The ADS amps will rival most good home audio gear.

I’m sure those Carver car amps will too!

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 2

Welcome to the Carver site. It's a friendly group that represents the good spirit of America and Bob Carver well.

Have fun. Enjoy!

Edited by Ar9Jim
  • Thank You 2

Welcome!

I still love car audio, but as I get older, I like a nice "stealth" system with a factory look, but upgraded sound.

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Tuesfurioza said:

@3M_Audio @xavionics @Cring08unfortunately none of them came out of Bob's hand. The rest of the amplifiers I have are mainly Japan and USA - Zed Audio. So no one is likely to be interested in them here 😂

Ah yes, an understandable assumption.

Yes, we are all Carver fans, but we appreciate all things audio.

I have recapped a few vintage Pioneer amps for a friend who has built an impressive collection of their late ‘70s era silver face gear. 
We’re a pretty inclusive group here. Feel free to show off what you have! 👍👍

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

Maybe I'll start some OffTop topic about not only amplifiers but collections in general, who knows maybe someone will like it. But first I will have to discuss it with one of the Admins, it's a shame to litter the forum unnecessarily if it is to be inconsistent with the rules

Sounds interesting to me, subjects discussed here vary quite a bit. Its mainly audio and music but occasionally BBQ, cars, jokes, home improvement, drinking, weather, etc. It's all friendly stuff and this is a superb group of guys who always help each other out so let 'er fly.

The only rule is if you are photographing what you are drinking, your audio gear must be displayed in the background........nah that's not really a rule.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuesfurioza said:

Maybe I'll start some OffTop topic about not only amplifiers but collections in general, who knows maybe someone will like it. But first I will have to discuss it with one of the Admins, it's a shame to litter the forum unnecessarily if it is to be inconsistent with the rules

There are many forums here. Most gear pics are in the Members Systems area or various repair/upgrade threads.

Check out the Members Systems topic here:

https://thecarversite.com/forum/20-members-systems/

@Receiver2000In that case, maybe I'll try to set up a topic in the section that @Sk1Bum gave, maybe I don't have a lot of these amplifiers, but a large part of them are considered as SQ built. I will also try to describe them as much as I managed to find information on the web. ;) 

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin

Welcome, @Tuesfurioza, so glad you found us.

Actually, while there is less knowledge in the knowledge base on car audio, some things are here (check out Manuals library, and threads in the Auto audio forums you can find by scrolling down on the home page, or using SEARCH.    There have been some here that have delved into automobile audio.

And, why not become the expert?  Post your work, and stories, for others to benefit, as you travel down your journey with your Carver M-4120.  I'm looking forward to seeing your threads.

Again, welcome!

• Love this! 1

Y'all got my curiosity going now about Carver car audio.  Does anyone know any history, development,  design,  marketing,  manufacturing of the car audio department of Carver?  I never saw any of these products or advertisements back in the day Thank you

Edited by denniswilson

• Community Admin
16 hours ago, denniswilson said:

Y'all got my curiosity going now about Carver car audio.  Does anyone know any history, development,  design,  marketing,  manufacturing of the car audio department of Carver?  I never saw any of these products or advertisements back in the day Thank you

There were ads, back in the day..., And here on the forum, there are a few interesting build-threads..., as in builds in cars.  I recall a most recent thread where "Carlton"??, or I forget who, had 6 Carver M240 automobile amps stacked feeding a sound system in a VW.

Here's a youtube video on one of the amps.

Here's an ad, from 1989:

image.png

Here's another ad from 1993:

image.png

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Here's another ad, from 1993:

image.png

And one from 1992:

image.png

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

And, from 1993, again.  Looks like this was their banner year for advertising.  The issue with Car Audio, is that people wreck cars, and then they go to the junk yard.  Or, they are traded in, and go to third world countries in the tertiary market..., so many of these amps, just don't exist anymore.  One can find them, occasionally, on Ebay harvested from a junkyard by an enterprising individual - but they are kind of rare.  And, note there are more than just amps.  There are crossovers, and even a Head Unit..., I saw one of those on Ebay years ago, NIB.

image.png

• Thank You 1

• The title was changed to Hi from Europe and Interest in Car Audio
  • Community Admin

For those that haven't found it..., and are interested..., there is an entire forum here on TheCarverSite for Car Audio.

Carver automotive gear - TheCarversite!

It was @Carlton8000 that did the Carver multi-amp car audio build in a VW CC..., I found the thread!  And, true to the dilemma of finding Car Audio units today..., he sold the car in the end.  It's a cool read, if you haven't seen it.  His title "Mile Carver Car Audio Install..."  seems to be an understatement 😉