Hi all! New here..

Pretty sure I'm new here anyway!  I know I've thought about registering in the past, but I don't think I ever did... 

My name is Jason and I'm from west-central Arkansas.  I've been a Carver fan for a long time and I currently have and use a C-1 pre, a TFM-35 amp, a TFM4.0 and a Sunfire 300x2.   Some of you might know me from the Polk forums or from AK, though I'm not as active on those forums (or forums in general) as I used to be.  

I'm a gear-head:  I like electronics and hi-fi equipment, guitars and guitar amps and effects, speakers, photography and cameras...  I like to build and/or work on most of the equipment in that list as well.  My wife says I have a hoarding problem and she can make a pretty good case. 

I've been re-capping some of my older equipment and that's what brought me back to this site.  I just completed a re-cap of my TFM 4.0 (I'll post some info and ask some questions shortly) and am about to go through the C-1.   On that note, I'm very saddened to learn of the passing of BillD...  planning on following his upgrade mods for the C-1.

I appreciate all the info and knowledge that gets exchanged on these forums.-  I've already learned a lot and I hope to be able to give something back as well!

Jason

Welcome to the forum Jason. I am also a member of both previously mentioned forums AK and CP That is some very nice gear you have and is only going to get better after the mods.

REGARDS SNOW 

Hi Jason

Welcome.  I have been fortunate to have had Bill Dibble refurb and upgrade my two C-1 preamps as I do not have the electronics skills to undertake a project of this scope.

The improvement of sound from the modified C-1 puts it into an entirely new league. 

The C-1 has always been my favorite preamp.

Again welcome.

Welcome Jason, stick around and enjoy the show.  Also beware of OCCD, it can be very contagious.  There are a few OCCD enablersDo feel free to post pics of your system, we all like pics here. party.gif
No kidding!  Jason, I have only been with this forum only two months and after I purchased my C-1 in late November, I ended up picking up two M-1.0t amps in mid/late December.  Welcome and watch out for that OCCD!  emteeth.gif  

Don't be afraid Jason, the OCCD is not as bad as they say.

No, really!eusa_whistle.gif

Just don't touch the red button...

20120127184928328.jpg

Welcome aboard!