What's the first album you ever bought?

Daddyjt

Grand Funk Live for $4.99 at Recordland in the mall, Mansfield Ohio sometime in early 1971. I still have it. Bought E Pluribus Funk yesterday.

First 8-track was something by April Wine.

First cassette- DSOM

First CD-DSOM

First Audiophile Vinyl-Tarkus ELP

I'm breaking in my Tim deParavicini 7DJ8s (DPS EI) Sunfire Tube pre. The BobFather has high praise for these tubes.

ray

Mid-'70's sometime. Got a "stereo" all-in-one system from GE for Christmas. Turntable (changer), "amplifier" and two speakers, all in a single big plastic housing, Folded-up for portability. I just found it again in my mother's closet (I'm cleaning out her house.)

I bought three albums from some mail-order outfit. Danged if I remember what titles they were. Perhaps two from Jim Croce, and one from Procol Harum???

When I get back to her place again, I'll likely find those albums; if so I'll post again to confirm.

Mid-'70's sometime. Got a "stereo" all-in-one system from GE for Christmas. Turntable (changer), "amplifier" and two speakers, all in a single big plastic housing, Folded-up for portability. I just found it again in my mother's closet (I'm cleaning out her house.)

I bought three albums from some mail-order outfit. Danged if I remember what titles they were. Perhaps two from Jim Croce, and one from Procol Harum???

When I get back to her place again, I'll likely find those albums; if so I'll post again to confirm.

Croce was a song writing GENIUS... He could say more in a 1.5 minute song, than a lot of song writers can say in an entire album. And on top of that, no matter who you are, you can relate to his songs...

Croce was a song writing GENIUS... He could say more in a 1.5 minute song, than a lot of song writers can say in an entire album. And on top of that, no matter who you are, you can relate to his songs...

He'd have been a Wilbury

ray

I'm pretty sure my first album was given to me about 1970 by mt grandpa. It was a Tex Ritter....Cant remember the 
title, but I can remember the cover, and my favourite song was "Greedy old dog with a bone" I played the shit out
of that record in my 10th year.

The first album I bought was a K-tel hits something or other. It had the Raspberries "Go all the way"...I loved the guitar riff.
I didnt really get serious with music until I was 13 and learned how to play guitar.