Hello from Kenosha WI

New to this site. Have always been a Carver fan and owned some Carver equip since the late 80's. Started with an M-1.0t that I bought new but only kept for 1 day. Returned it cuz I had buyers remorse about spending that much $$ on an amp when the rest of my equipment was pretty much junk. Wishing I would have kept it now!!

Number of years later stopped in my local stereo shop and they had all their Carver stuff on clearance. Picked up my 2 TFM-15CB's and CT-6 REALLY cheap. Also had the Velodyne F-1500 on clearance, so had to pick it up as well.

Never really got all that serious about my systems, but I love music and love it loud. Building a new house on some land late this year or early next year, so now it's time to put together something decent.

Started doing some research lately on best amps for the buck and found lots of articles and mention of the M-1.0t MKII. Then did some searching on great speakers for the $$, and Carver Amazings were mentioned. So that's what brought me here.

Plans are to have at least a pair of M-1.0t MKII's (already posted a WTB in the forums), possibly Amazing Platinums, and a better preamp. This will all be for my basement system that will only be used for stereo music. My home theater set up will probably stay the same, but knowing me just might end up with some more M-1.0t MKII's powering the Definitives!!

• Community Admin
Welcome to the forum, ShowModel.

Sounds like a path many of us have taken..., early exposure to Carver, and a long-lived quest for more power!

Hoping you stay on and be active - the folks here like pictures (show us your system now) and documentation of the journey on your quest for more power, building out your listening room, and more.

Welcome! 

Howdy again Cheesehead! Good place and good people to be around up there in K-town. Which side did you get your land on, out in the county? Post some photos of your gear when you get a chance, we all like photos here.

Welcome to the site neighbor.  If you looking for a good pre for the 1.0t mkII (also would recomend the opt 2) would be a c-1 BillD mod.  best of luck.........

Howdy again Cheesehead! Good place and good people to be around up there in K-town. Which side did you get your land on, out in the county? Post some photos of your gear when you get a chance, we all like photos here.

Currently living on the south side of K-town. Bought land west of 94 out in Salem. So were you a K-town south sider or a south sider wanna be?

Welcome to the site! There is a host of amazing people here.
Bears fan assume

Bears all the way!! Born in Chicago and grew up in the suburbs of Chi Town. These Packer fans around me are a cult I tell ya!!

Welcome to the site neighbor. If you looking for a good pre for the 1.0t mkII (also would recomend the opt 2) would be a c-1 BillD mod. best of luck.........

Thanks for the info on the Pre.....I'll have to do some looking into what the BillD mod is. Great, more stuff to buy....My wife is not going to like that I found this site!!

So curious if the lucky guy that got to a Craigslist deal is on this site. Two days ago I had a guy talked down to $750 for a pair of M-1.0t's, C-1, TX-11a and a DTL-200MK2. All were in great condition and working order except there was some kind of issue with the CD drive door. Just when I was going to seal the deal someone offered him $850 (asking price was only $800) and go it.

From my beginning research this seemed to be a pretty good deal. Would you all agree for my future reference?

Currently living on the south side of K-town. Bought land west of 94 out in Salem. So were you a K-town south sider or a south sider wanna be?

Lived more towards the east on 30th Ave just south of 40th st. Used to walk Washington every day till I got my first set of wheels.

So curious if the lucky guy that got to a Craigslist deal is on this site. Two days ago I had a guy talked down to $750 for a pair of M-1.0t's, C-1, TX-11a and a DTL-200MK2. All were in great condition and working order except there was some kind of issue with the CD drive door. Just when I was going to seal the deal someone offered him $850 (asking price was only $800) and go it. From my beginning research this seemed to be a pretty good deal. Would you all agree for my future reference?

Yup 750 woulda been a good price  emwink.gif

Hello again Showmodel. Seems like we may have been neighbors at one time. 
My family moved from Philly to Chicago (Westchester) in 1959 and I stayed there through college.
Later I lived on the North Side, Oak Park, Riverside and Broadview before moving to VA in 2000.
My youngest brother currently lives next door to you in Pleasant Prarie, another brother is in Franklin. 

Just so you know, there is no cure for what you have. The desire to get more carver stuff just gets worse (better) I still haven't figured it out. Welcome to the site.

Ray

Welcome onboard! The site is also a great resource for finding the gear you desire (and gear you don't yet realize you will desire).Big Grin 

Welcome Show!!   Hello from across the pond in GR

Boy, are you in the right place.....hang around and we can recommend some serious setups....
And ... Lions ftw.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally posting some photos of my current gear. As mentioned earlier basically to rigs right now. one for HT and the other in the basement for stereo and playing drums to music.

Home Theater: Definitive Technology BP2000TL, CLR 2000
20140729145439239.jpg 

Pioneer SC-35, Panasonic DMP-DB6020140729145812444.jpg

Canton Plus S surrounds
 20140729150030977.jpg

Velodyne F-1500 banished to the basement
20140729150449764.jpg 

20140729150628430.jpg 

Basement rig: Denon DP-23F w/ Ortofon X3-MC, Carver CT-6, Denon DCD-590, 2 X Carver TFM-15CB
 20140729151012410.jpg

JBL L-100T3 (turned around for pic purposes) 
20140729152043581.jpg 

And the newest addition since joining this site.....C-11 that as you can see from my avatar has already replaced the CT-6 
20140729152307224.jpg 

Tell your wife to start thinking about where the knick-knacks in the right side of the ent center are going to relo to... You're gonna need the room... Soon;-)

Look's like you don't have enough gear in that rack yet? emdgust.gif  Don't worry, we will help you fill it up. emwink.gif happy0009.gif Lookin good Mike. msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks!! Oh trust me....this site has already given me the OCCD big time!! I can see the need for a second rack within a year. 

That SC-35 looks BOSS!!!!

Thanks....LOVE it. Had a Denon AVR-4800 prior the the SC-35. Denon finally died on me and I read some great stuff on the Pioneer Elite line. Great HT receiver. Amp section does well, but don't be surprised if you see some Carver amps pushing the fronts in the future Big Grin