What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Let me just say this. Recently, I decided to go outside my wheelhouse of musical taste by buying a few recordings that I wouldn't have bothered with normally. These included BTO (an 8 CD remix of their albums), Michael Jacksons thriller which is a great recording for most of the album, Cher Gold, which made me feel like barfing, having been heaved so far back into the 60's. It was the style drum music rhythm popular in that day that got to me most, plus the fact that on these recordings, I really never heard Cher voice that well. Fortunately, I got CSN put out by Mobil Fidelity (I'm surprised that they didn't claim that the CD was recorded off a one step process 78 album). But the winner is easily Crosby Still and Nash. Great music and the recording too. Michael Jackson's Thriller came in second because I like a few songs on the album and the recording is reliably good. All the others were something that I would trade off in moments notice. And that is what I have been listening to.

• Thank You 2

"Heilung is sounds from the northern european iron age and viking period. We used everything from running water, human bones, reconstructed swords and shields up to ancient frame drums and bronze rings in the songs. 
The lyrics contain original texts from rune stones and preserved spear shafts, amulets and other artifacts. Furthermore poems, which either deal with historical events or are translations/ interpretations of the originals."

entrain:  to fall gradually into synchrony with a rhythm 

Edited by dcl
add to