It's Here !!!

B-Man

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well shit - I tried them on my Oppos, the panasonic in my family room, the Kenwood in my truck, and the Pioneer in my exercise room....

Any ideas where I may have went wrong...?

I certainly hope this isn't a problem across the board... I can send you another set to try, Brian...?

Sorry man:-(

My bad - I didn't try Disc # 2. It plays perfectly...  emteeth.gif

It appears my Disc # 1 is blank - when I plugged it into my PC Windows popped up and said I see you have a blank CD - how do you want to format it ??

Figures - I REALLY wanted to try the Bela Fleck tune out...

Thanks again Mark - Disc # 2 is AWESOME !!!!

Johnny Winter is KILLING IT as I type this.   emteeth.gif 

My bad - I didn't try Disc # 2. It plays perfectly... emteeth.gif
It appears my Disc # 1 is blank - when I plugged it into my PC Windows popped up and said I see you have a blank CD - how do you want to format it ??
Johnny Winter is KILLING IT as I type this. emteeth.gif

I'll get a fresh (read - BURNED) disc one out to you in the morning...

Sorry Brian:-(

My bad - I didn't try Disc # 2. It plays perfectly...  emteeth.gif

Johnny Winter is KILLING IT as I type this.   emteeth.gif 

I'll get a fresh (read - BURNED) disc one out to you in the morning...

Sorry Brian:-(

Don't be apologizing to me - I am happy as hell to have Disc 2 !!

I think I am going to invest in a LightScribe drive - that is too cool !!! 

This is an AWESOME KARMA!!!!! THANK YOU MARK.....

Just got my gift!!!! Both CD'S play perfectly... what a great collection of music !!!

Thanks again... and Brian sounds like you will be getting Disc one very soon...

Mark , you are a class act.. thanks again.

Got Mine !  Thanks Mark awesome Karma.
As I was hoping there are some great songs on there I never would have heard without this disc.
Unfortunately my disc labeled as Disc #1  actually has the same exact songs  as Disc #2 so I have 2 disc #2's.
Still all in all a great Karma.
Blues Pwr/Curtis

Got Mine ! Thanks Mark awesome Karma.
As I was hoping there are some great songs on there I never would have heard without this disc.
Unfortunately my disc labeled as Disc < actually has the same exact songs as Disc > so I have 2 disc >'s.
Still all in all a great Karma.
Blues Pwr/Curtis

Ok, I'm feeling like a fool now - let's make this thread for disc issues... I made plenty of backups, so please communicate any issues to me, and I will CHECK that I'm mailing out the correct replacement....

So far, disc 1 being resent to Brian and Curtis.

Please post issues, and don't just live with what you have if its wrong -- I really want everyone to have a complete set:-)

• Thank You 1

Mark,

If you post send me a link to an ISO download, I'll pull it down and try to burn it to this Disc # 1 blank I have.

Just an option to mailing another disc...

Thanks again - I'm listening to Disc # 2 for the 2nd time - great content !!! 
  • Thank You 1

Mark,
If you post send me a link to an ISO download, I'll pull it down and try to burn it to this Disc # 1 blank I have.
Just an option to mailing another disc...
Thanks again - I'm listening to Disc # 2 for the 2nd time - great content !!!

I'm not sure how to do the download/upload thing...

I'm just irritated, because I thought I had a solid workflow going... I had to scribe the discs in the drive Rodney sent, then burn the music on my laptop drive. Then print and load the labels into the jewel cases, then load the discs into the cases...

Oops.. I posted in the other thread. I have 2 disc 2's.. Need a disc 1. Great Karma, sir. Great looking CD! (Labeled disc 1 and disc 2, both just have contents of disc 2)

Chris

I will ship one out tomorrow... Sorry for the error:-(

I just checked the mailbox and I received mine today too. Thanks a lot Mark.  I still need to know how to donate to the site. 

I know most of the tracks I haven't heard but it will be a pleasurable journey exploring/listening to them. Awesome job!!!

I just checked the mailbox and I received mine today too. Thanks a lot Mark. I still need to know how to donate to the site.
I know most of the tracks I haven't heard but it will be a pleasurable journey exploring/listening to them. Awesome job!!!

Please check and make sure you got two different discs, with the correct songs on each...?

Thanks!

Both disc are correct in my set.

I just finished listening to the first disc. I could pick out the things everyone said to listen for in the track notes. Maybe it's me but I thought all the tracks were pretty easy for the system to handle. What really amazed me though is how flat and unenhanced each track was, which is a good thing. Everything sounded so natural. It is nice to hear a true bass guitar and the strings on a regular one. The vocals and background instruments were as if I was in the studio with them. I also listened to see if I could pick up the noise floor during the quieter passages of each track and I couldn't. The sound engineers did an excellent job recording each track.

I normally use more lively tracks to test systems as they will show you if things get muddled together or if you can still pick out each instrument and sound without being overbearing, harsh or too soft. However, it was nice not to hear the natural instruments instead of electronic creations from keyboards (which I also enjoy).

On to listening to disc two...... 

Disc 2

Most of the tracks had specifics each person that submitted them listened for and was suited to their taste (just my opinion) and I could tell were favorites. That's exactly what we all use when shopping for speakers especially. I had the luxury of not being biased since I had not heard a single track (on disc 2) or know who the artist was.  A few tracks did really catch my ear.

Track 6 Ouverture, by Robin Vassy (Submitted by Weitrhino) really caught my attention and is more of something I would use as a test track. I may look for this album.

Track 10 Powaqqatsi, by Philip Glass (Submitted by dcl) also grabbed me with  the deep bass and chorus vocals with the percussions.

Track 11 Walking On Sacred Ground, by Janis Ian (Submitted by Daddyjt) sounded exactly like it was described in the notes. Well put together.

Track 12 The Children’s Crusade, by Sting (Submitted by Daddyjt) reminded me of listening to Flim and the BB's back in the day. Very tasteful.

Tracks 13 - 17 Slow Freq Sweeps:  I listened to each track and got no rattles even on the deepest beginnings of each. I'm not sure if it is my hearing or system limits but I could hear anything beyond the 1:01 mark on each track. What did others notice or hear on the sweeps?