New here and Old at home

Hello all- new to Bob Carver and the smiles that his gear can give!

I am retired and got the CT-17 Pre/tuner to use as a bedroom stereo. Starting with an old QSC amp.. powering homebrew monitors. More gear to be added soon.

P1010101_zps8f940b03.jpg

P1010072_zps813facf1.jpg

• Thank You 3

Cool !!

What are the next pieces you will be looking for ? 

Well - the pix was old,  updated to show Sony dual cassette,   Sony DVD/CD player,  and Thorens TD-125 MK II,,using Rabco SL-8E arm/Ortofon MC-20 Super cartridge.  Also laptop with USB connection for WWW sound.

• Thank You 2

Welcome to best collection of very smart and giving people on any audio site. If you have any problems or questions, someone here will be able to help you out. You have already sent pictures of your system, so that is taken care of.  Watch out for OCCD,  it will get you.

Again welcome,

Wayne 
  • Thank You 1

WOAH! Those are some mighty 'bookshelf' speakers!  Nice setup!

May I make a suggestion?  You might want to turn the speakers so they are pointing further toward the focal point at your listening spot to get more of that magical holography soundstage the CT-17 will provide.  You will be 'immersed' if you get them set correctly (unless they are already).

Welcome aboard!
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to best collection of very smart and giving people on any audio site. If you have any problems or questions, someone here will be able to help you out. You have already sent pictures of your system, so that is taken care of.  Watch out for OCCD,  it will get you.

Again welcome,

Wayne 

That was the bedroom nearfield system.

This is the living room front setup.  The madness started early here.

3channel2_zpsedb7267a.jpg

Come on - you can't dangle a juicy carrot in front of us like that without details...

Spill the beans - inquiring minds want to know !!!

Besides, I want to see if you get a chance to detail the parts before Phil sees this and we get an encyclopedia article on your gear !!! 

emteeth.gif 
  • Thank You 2

Come on - you can't dangle a juicy carrot in front of us like that without details...

Spill the beans - inquiring minds want to know !!!

Besides, I want to see if you get a chance to detail the parts before Phil sees this and we get an encyclopedia article on your gear !!! 

emteeth.gif 

To further the madness I made these as rear surrounds for the main rig.   EV powered Belle clones.

P1000952_zpsf820a0d5.jpg

Welcome to theCarversite, Mach! emsmile.gif Thanks for the pics.

Wow, it looks like you could hold a rock concert in your bedroom! jaw_dropper.gif That Powerlight probably lives up to its name... What kind of music do you listen to?

How does the Thorens TT , Rabco arm work? Always been interested in that arm.

Ya, me too, I'm considering getting one currently.  I thought these arms only came on the HK TT's; but HK was just supplied them by Rabco?