New Member in South Florida

Reposting this to the main thread since I hijacked someone else's welcome thread.   Sorry guys. 

Hello everyone.  Thanks for the add.  Bought my first Carver piece 30 years ago.  Still have it.  It is a 6250 receiver with a intermittent issue with speaker output (smack it on the side and it works for a while).  Looking forward to exploring the site and tapping into the brain trust here.  

Thanks

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 3

Hello mark33442, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

While I'm certainly no tech, if jarring the receiver works for a while, you might look for a loose connection somewhere. Maybe one of the techs will chime in with better suggestions.

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome @mark33442 to the Carversite. This is a great place to be and you will find a few people willing to help you with your receiver issue. It is probably like any of the old receivers and the relays will need to be replaced but there could be other issues. 

Good luck restoring it and please post pics of your system when you are able to. We all love pics. Enjoy!!!

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

What is the best way to diagnose the output relay issue?  It will have sound out of the left sometimes, then out of the right and then sometimes out of both left and right for a time.  Other times it is very  low output.  Almost muffled. 

Does that sound like the output relay issue?

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg.5003aec3a45d54dcd8a2ee7d3121a7d4.jpg

Welcome aboard!  Nice to see someone who has had Carver gear for that long joining in. 

Hopefully some of the more technically adept, than myself, here, can help you out of having to follow the Fred Sanford approach to electronics maintenance.  That said, my wild guess, off-the-cuff 🙂t is a speaker relay misbehaving, but take that with an extremely large grain of salt, about the size of a salt mine.

In the mean time, join in the conversations, and enjoy the music (with the occasional smack to the side of the receiver no doubt in rhythm with whatever is playing.  

• Community Admin
On 10/21/2020 at 8:55 AM, mark33442 said:

Reposting this to the main thread since I hijacked someone else's welcome thread.   Sorry guys. 

Hello everyone.  Thanks for the add.  Bought my first Carver piece 30 years ago.  Still have it.  It is a 6250 receiver with a intermittent issue with speaker output (smack it on the side and it works for a while).  Looking forward to exploring the site and tapping into the brain trust here.  

Thanks

No worries on the HiJack..., all good. Happens all the time.  

Mostly want you to get the proper OCCD Welcome from us other victims of this great journey Carver has us on. 😉 

Welcome again !

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1