What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Having just played the Jerry Douglas recording of  A Remark You Made on his Best Kept Secret,
the Weather Report version here was in the CD changer for immediate comparison–by my wife (This sometimes makes her bristle, but this was not a Who is this? game just a wuddaya think?) "Very nice. The saxophone player is really good,? Who is this, Mike Stern Band? Reminds me of something he would play." The two versions could make it on to the Best Cover Songs thread, I'll check for videos.

71CqoYB9rDL._SY450_.jpg 

Having just played the Jerry Douglas recording of  A Remark You Made on his Best Kept Secret,
the Weather Report version here was in the CD changer for immediate comparison–by my wife (This sometimes makes her bristle, but this was not a Who is this? game just a wuddaya think?) "Very nice. The saxophone player is really good,? Who is thisMike Stern Band? Reminds me of something he would play." The two versions could make it on to the Best Cover Songs thread, I'll check for videos.

71CqoYB9rDL._SY450_.jpg 

The 8:30 album and tour was a quartet consisting of Joe Zawinul, Jaco Pastorius, Peter Erskine and Wayne Shorter.