It's Here !!!

B-Man

It is not unusual for older CD players to be finicky and have a difficult time play certain brands of burnt CD's. I don't recall there being any real pattern, but I had a lot of customers who had to buy a certain brand of blanks because it is what their machine seemed to like.

When I burn from flac, or copying cd's I exclusively use Taiyo Yuden discs. the one that has the watershield coating. they last a long time. I also have very few bad burns from them, and they play in my Carver SD/A 390t as well. Taiyo Yuden has acquired JVC and changed the cds name to JVC watershield. They are glossy white ink jet ready discs and look nice with a well designed label. the only problem with these discs are they are thicker from the extra coating, so some front load automotive players have difficulty loading them. They are more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

BarryG

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, I'm more than happy to pay for the upgraded CDs and the shipping if you are willing to burn them.

Either way,thanks for your work in the project and your contribution to the Carver Site.

No need - I will get some of the discs mentioned, and we'll see if that solves the issue:-)

I'll keep you posted.

• Thank You 1

Do you by chance have a total time assigned to each disc ?

It is possible to put more than 80 minutes on some discs, but it can render them useless in some players - especially older ones... 

I checked my discs in the car and they both play fine. I put them into the Carver SDA 490t and it doesn't recognize either one of the discs. Anyone have a suggestion?

They play fine on my 490t. Might be time to clean the lens. 

Do you by chance have a total time assigned to each disc ?
It is possible to put more than 80 minutes on some discs, but it can render them useless in some players - especially older ones...

I juggled it so both discs came in about 75 mins...

• Thank You 1

Link to FLAC files on boxThanks again Mark this is awesome!!!really love the thunder in to rich for my blood..

Thanks to Mark for assembling this fine collection, to all of the members who submitted these fine songs, and for the FLAC link. I'm new around here so I missed the opportunity to get the discs but I downloaded the FLAC files and I can reaffirm what others have said here that this is one mighty fine collection of music. The fine details, dynamic range, and quality of the recordings are top notch.

• Applause

Mark, I finally had time to sit down and give the CDs a proper listen. I only had time to get through Disc 1. What a great job of putting this together. Thanks for doing this.

I can' wait to get into Disc 2.

• Thank You 1

Just returned home from FL last night and the first thing I opened out of my giant stack of mail was the CD. Very nice job Mark - and very nicely done. Thanks so much for putting this together and sending it out. Much appreciation for your hard work!

• Thank You 1

Hoping for Monday up here.....eusa_pray.gif 

Wow - Monday will be TWO weeks...eusa_doh.gif

Sorry guys, I thought one week lead time would be sufficent...

Guess not.

Maybe customs confiscated them and is listening to them14.gif

Hi Mark, my disc came in today. Listening to disc one right now. Cris Rae, Road to Hell, fantastic! So far everything sounds great and I'm ashamed to admit, there's a few artist I'm not famialar with. That's one of the things about something like this that's so cool. Everybody put there heads together and we have a collection of music that for many is new to us. This is more than a gift, it's a treasure. Thank you so much. Can't wait to get to disc 2.

BillWojo
  • Thank You 1

• Community Admin
Chicago Suburbs are in Canada..., just got mine today!  Thank you Mark.  This is wonderful.  Crankin' now.  Saturday night, and the music is turned up.
  • Thank You 1

Guest Rockster2U
Thanks Mark,

Received mine Saturday and will be forever grateful for your generosity and thoughtfulness. This was very well done and I too was introduced to some artists that I was familiar with in name only. It's the folks like you that make this such a great site and I must confess, while I have sucked a lot of wisdom and information from these pages, I have been a "slacker" in terms of my participation and contribution. I look forward to thanking you in a more appropriate manner and want to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Bruce 

20141215045359533.jpg 

Thanks Mark,

Received mine Saturday and will be forever grateful for your generosity and thoughtfulness. This was very well done and I too was introduced to some artists that I was familiar with in name only. It's the folks like you that make this such a great site and I must confess, while I have sucked a lot of wisdom and information from these pages, I have been a "slacker" in terms of my participation and contribution. I look forward to thanking you in a more appropriate manner and want to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Bruce 
20141215045359533.jpg 

Danm Bruce - That's a hell of a setup!  Tell us a bit more about it...

Thank you for the kind words, sir - I appreciate it:-)