New here,Nice site.

I'm Jim from Rockford IL.I started my Carver craze in the 1980s with Carver cd player,C1and 2 M400s using an electronic crossover to biamp a pair of AR9 speakers.1 M400 ran 200 htz and down the other 200 and up.
Loved it,sold it,regretted it.
Fast forward 25 years .Was thinking the other week about fond memories and what I enjoyed in my life that may be missing.Seems the last 20 yrs spent building a tool & die business has been mostly work with out much time for play.
Times are better now and I have time to enjoy some of the finer things and its time to play with some Carver stuff again. 
Its been a long time and I can't wait.Kind of like waiting to see an old friend.
So far I have a C4000t ,TFM25,M1.0t and a pair of refoamed AR90 speakers,slightly smaller than my old AR9s but close although not biampable.
I will only be using 1 of the amps.I bought the TFM 25 off ebay and the M1.0t from an online HiFI shop that claims it to be tested and in perfect working order.That being said I know nothing about them 1st hand.If you were going to spend for the refresh for 1 of the 2 amps which is your choice?TFM 25 vs M.1t?Seems like the M.0t is an older model than the TFM 25 would be.
Thanks,
Jim 

Welcome to the forum Sounds like you have a mild case of OCCD already so you will be comfortable here.
M-10t beyond any and have a recap done the MKII re-cap does not cost any more than a normal re-cap and or depending on your speakers-Opt2. I have them both and that would be my choice.

Thanks Gene,

Gear has been coming in this week and will post pics soon.Good to be here.Lots of nice systems at this site Wow!

Last time I did this the internet didn't exist.

BEWARE!

Gene will convince you to re-mortgage your house, sell your first born and walk the streets to feed the Obsessive Compulsive Carver Disorder. Look what he did the KVE777!
  • Thank You 3

Thanks for the advise. I was hoping thats what you would say.I bought the TFM25 first and then the M1.0.
My wife said "you mean you upgraded before the 1st one even got here!"I said "honey I had this illness 25 yrs ago and now its back,be patient is a medical condition with no cure"but I will treat the hell out of the symptoms. 

Hi and welcome to the site, it's a great place to hang out. Lot's of friendly and helpfull folks here to help you spend your money. Yea, kev777 got it bad, got enough power in his amp collection to do sound in a big venue. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Nope, not at all.

Interesting that you have a tool and die shop. I'm an independent service tech, worked for Bridgeport Machines for 13 years and been out on my own for over 15 years now. I bet I had at least 200 tool and die shops I serviced at one point, now down to about 3. I have 1 customer that has a big press room. All the others are out of buiseness or moved overseas. You in the automotive field?

Anyway, welcome and hang around a while.

BillWojo
  • Thank You 1

Hi BillWojo,

I know what you mean about the demise of the tooling industries We have invested in becoming certified for aerospace production

and that business is fairly strong and not quite as easy to send overseas.

Jim

Welcome to theCarversite, Jim! emsmile.gif It's never too late to enjoy good music. 

There are some incredible systems here! I wish I could do a tour one year and listen to them all. It won't be long before you meet other members in person.

I'll second Gene's advice to invest in the M-1.0t. Not that the TFM-25 is a bad amp, but the M-1.0t has more potential. The Mk II Opt 002 mod turns it into one of the most powerful Carver amps!

Looking forward to pics of your setup!  

• Community Admin
Welcome, Jim, from the other side of the Elgin toll booth... (St. Charles)

This is the place, to be.Welcome, and glad you found us.

Nothing against the TFM 25, but the m1.0t is going to bring so many more options.  Then again, if you can get both, why not!  Don't fight the OCCD, it's futile.

Welcome to the mad house Jim !!!

Repeat after me - pictures... pictures... pictures... I must post pictures...  emteeth.gif

Even though the horse is dead, I'll throw in another vote for the M1.0t mkII Opt 002. If you decide to go the C-1 route again, they are readily available and can host a slew of modifications / upgrades - all documented on this site !!

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing you around...

Brian 

Welcome Jim. I really hear what you're saying about not having enough time to do the finer things - glad you made it to a point in life where you have some freedom!

As everyone has pointed out, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the TFM 25 - great amp. The 1.0t has quite a following (and very rightly deserved) - I'm running 3 right now myself, all mkII modified.

Kick off you shoes and stay a while - you've happened across a very special corner of the Internet. Glad you found us:-)

Mark

Jim, welcome aboard this wacky ship , OCCD will set in soon. The M1.0T is the amp to do up You might also be on the lookout for a C1 pre and have the Billd mod. done to it , ask anyone hear about it.
Pictures are welcome and almost expected.

Wayne