What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

ab58e9d0cfbe1cba7a2e256d9fa87a905511d220

Thanks for the heads-up on this from the "Techno Wars" thread, Toy Maker! msp_thumbup.gif

And you're right, Daddyjt- this stuff *will* test your system in a scary way!! The dynamic range is an absurdly low 2-3dB. I'm used to regularly clipping all the amps, but it's another thing entirely to watch them *stay" at full output for 20 seconds at a time! yikes.gif  I was really expecting smoke and flames...

81g225t59eL._SL1500_.jpg
Blues Pwr sez check out title track
...leave it to the Grooveyard and Joe (The Groovedawg) to deliver a totally authentic sounding retro power trio of the highest order...the vocals are very bluesy in the Paul Rodgers style to my ears...and the guitar riffs are right in tune with classic bands like Zeppelin, James Gang, Nazareth, Trapeze, Humble Pie, Free, Cactus...but what this has...to my ears anyway that a lot of the other retro bands lack is the authentic warm crisp punchy well separated analog production...yes really liking this one.  Hear samples here http://www.grooveyardrecords.com/bullfrogclearwater.html.

Following Bluepower's lead, Gary Clark, Jr. There is a nod to Jimi Hendrix–Third Stone From The Sun/If You Love Me Like You Say–and a song that could fit within the Hendrix catalogue–When My Train Pulls In
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81kgsZqY1rL._SL1425_.jpg 
  • Thank You 1

51bMSxtvwZL.jpg
Norwegian pianist/composer  introduces the blues-inflected voice of Kristin Asbjørnsen on his s settings of the poetry of W.H. Auden. "I was only familiar with a couple of Auden's most well-known poems in Norwegian translations until I spent an off-day on a UK tour in Oxford going to book stores looking for inspiration in the poetry sections.. I found "Another Time" there and it immediately opened up to me in a combination of clarity and mystery. I look for instant gratification in poetry if it is to accompany music - metaphors and phrases must have a sensuous appeal both in pure sounds and in the associations evoked. But the poems must also bear the promise of deeper rewards through re-reading and reflection. The poems we use share this quality: you can find yourself at home with them just by understanding half of the words and catching a line here and there on first listen, but you can sit down with them and spend days exploring layers of meaning."