What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Lining up a selection for my sweetheart when she steps in the door, Do What You Like, as she love Ginger Baker. I usually aske her, "Who's is playing." and she gets it right!
61EamQsZUUL._SX425_.jpg 

th?id=JN.VFZojj0yzOfdRPEdEPf9Yg&pid=15.1

*Alabama Shakes* 

Picked this up on RSD in April, and now listening to the full release. I dig their new album's sound, more mature and better production. Check them out if you haven't yet, and pardon my Rolling Stone reviewer dribble, but I'll say their sound is circa 60/70's but very now. A rockin' jumbalaya of soul, blues, and rock.  

th?id=JN.VFZojj0yzOfdRPEdEPf9Yg&pid=15.1

*Alabama Shakes* 

Picked this up on RSD in April, and now listening to the full release. I dig their new album's sound, more mature and better production. Check them out if you haven't yet, and pardon my Rolling Stone reviewer dribble, but I'll say their sound is circa 60/70's but very now. A rockin' jumbalaya of soul, blues, and rock.  

Certainly a bit more polish than the first outing, but I liked that better, warts and all. My favorite part was when they blew up a bass amp towards the end of  Hold On and just kept on truckin' ...

Gonna have to let the encore grow on me I guess. Still some powerful stuff, and current top garage band in my catalog.

Beth+Hart+-+Bang+Bang+Boom+Boom.jpg

Got it for the cover ... kept it for the music. That girl can SING! Very tasty selection of blues and big band, with some serious rockin' as well ... Crank It!

This was a pleasant surprise ...

Storm Corrosion (Self Titled)

packshot_full.jpg

Collaboration between Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree and Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth. I keep hoping for an encore, but chances are slim ...