New Carver guy here!

Hi folks. I just picked up a C11 preamp with all the BillD mods along with a PM600 amp and TX-8 tuner from a fellow member hear from Reading PA. Running it through a set of DCM TimeFrame 600 speakers and it sounds so clean. Dead silent when it should be, clean and crisp on the vocals and .....just, just....WOW!  Now I understand what all the fuss is about.

Source is a Sony CDP-C75ES CD player. I ordered a Subbu DAC from the Diyaudio forum and when that arrives that will go between my CD player and the pre, it can only get better. I can't imagine.

Well I want to thank all of you folks for making up my mind, I was up till 1am last night reading on Carver's. I'm sure I made the right decision. This replaces a Denon PCM-720 intergrated amp.

Thanks again!

BillWojo

Welcome Bill to the Carver site, with unique folks and great techs to discuss our favorite topics, music, friends, and Carver gear.  Be prepared for OCCD to stike, it will grow on you.  Ohh, and BTW you will learn soon the WE LIKE PICTURES lol  of your gear  14.gif

Hi Bill....

Glad you're enjoying your new equipment....

It was a pleasure doing business with you....

I miss that stuff already but I have a line on a scott lk-72 tube amp which I think will be much better suited to my electrovoices...

Scott

Hi Guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I'd love to post pics but right now it's all a mess. Once I get everything straightened out I'll take some pics. Been listening to this system since I got home, just love the sound.

Scott, it was a pleasure doing buisiness with you and thanks for helping me carry it out to my car. Hope you get that Scott you have your eye on. Those EV's need to be rocking.

Take care and thanks.

BillWojo

Welcome bill. I am relatively new as well. Rest assured that you find plenty of advice and friendly people that are very willing to encourage you to spend boat loads of money. Lol

Hi guys, seems you all want photos, well I can direct you to a post by member Scottsonon in the Trading Post section. It's right at the top, look for "Carver stack for sale or trade". He even has a link to the mods he did on the C11.

I can't beleive how good this setup sounds. As you can see, he did a very nice job on the C11.

I found an add posted by him on Craigslist, after a bit of research on this forum, well you know the rest.

BillWojo

Welcome Bill! Glad you found this little corner of the web, where we live and breathe audio, and specifically the acquisition/enjoyment of Carver gear.

Sounds like you're well on your way - enjoy the company and the knowledge base of the members:-)

Yep, and this is the best audio forum that I've been on. I'm lucky to have aquired a stack of Carver goodies as I'm afraid that I might get that dreaded OCCD syndrome. So why was I looking on Craigslist today and what was that trip to the thrift store that usually has audio stuff about? Hmmmmm.

The more I listen to my new setup the more I'm digging it. I feel like I've joined a Carver secret society, if everybody knew what we know, the prices on this gear would skyrocket.

Lucky for us, most folks have never heard of Carver.

BillWojo

• Community Admin
Welcome Bill.

That's a nice "entry" stack.  OCCD will take you on the journey to come 14.gif 

Enjoy the music, and the fun we have here on the forum.  Lots of resources too, when you are ready to push the limits.

AJ