Mark’s movie corner.

Daddyjt

Just watched an old favorite of mine.  An old spaghetti western from Tonino Valerii and Sergio Leone: "My Name Is Nobody".   Stars Terrence Hill and Henry Fonda.  Not sure why I like it so much, but hey, it is what it is.   

14 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

Archive 81 is smart

I had full intention of watching an episode, working out and completing a few to-do list items tonight…….

I just watched the first SIX episodes. 

• Thank You 1

5 hours ago, itchitch said:

Completed the series this morning!

Looking forward to season two. 

I have 2 episodes to go - and I going to be disappointed?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Keanu Reeves fans...

I saw this movie last night.  "Siberia" starring Reeves, Ana Alaru, directed by Matthew Ross. 

And,..., I'm still trying to figure it out.  Pretty deep, intense, best with subtitles and a few rewinds here and there to catch all the dialog.  Lots of Russian language.  Released just 4 years ago in 2018.

If you saw it, what did you think?

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched this, Father Stu, this past weekend.  Based on a true story.  With epilogues from the real Father Stu at the end.  Pretty interesting.  Not your over-sensationalized, violent get your attention type of movie..., much more subtle.   Stars in addition to Mark Wahlbert, include Jackie Weaver (you'll recognize her) Mel Gibson, and Macolm McDowell.  I did not know the story before I watched the film.  I did not know where it was going until it took us there, watching it.   

Wahlberg and a few others have started a film company focused on making more movies like this - off the "usual Hollywood shoot-em-up or sensationalized social-media, or woke, or sex extreme, or make the most money...," approach.   I give him credit for that.

• Thank You 3

If you are even remotely connected to current events, then you've no doubt heard the kerfuffle over The Terminal List on Amazon Prime.  Having watched it, I sincerely can't figure out what the progressive left's problem with this series is.  Rotten Tomatoes (which used to be a reliable source for ratings, but now is in-step with the woke Hollywood narrative) rating tells you exactly what you need to know - 39% from "critics" and 95% from the audience.  I'm guessing that they have "targeted" it because of Chris Pratt and the fact that they despise him for rejecting wokism?

Anyway, the series is spectacular!  Even though it could be classified as a "revenge thriller", it exhibits enough unique elements to make it fresh.  The story is compelling and fast paced (I burned through the first 3 episodes on my first sitting, and I rarely binge).  The characters are well thought-out and interesting.  If you've ever watched a Jason Bourne film and wished for a little (or a lot) more emotional buy-in with the characters, then this is for you.  The tactical acumen is spot on (the EFP weapon deployment was a thing of beauty) and the attention to detail is perfect.  Believability with regards to the realism of physical ability and the effects of physical damage are also very accurate - This is not a "Rambo" film, lol.  The story is fast paced, yet detailed and nuanced at the same time.  It has some very touching moments, and some very satisfying payoffs.

I cannot recomend this series highly enough.  Should you happen to watch it, please post your impressions, and also let me know if you can find what the progressives distain so much here...

Edited by Daddyjt
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

Should you happen to watch it, please post your impressions,

Waiting for the snow to fly before I sit and watch much... it's on my watch list!

1 hour ago, Daddyjt said:

If you are even remotely connected to current events, then you've no doubt heard the kerfuffle over The Terminal List on Amazon Prime.  Having watched it, I sincerely can't figure out what the progressive left's problem with this series is.  Rotten Tomatoes (which used to be a reliable source for ratings, but now is in-step with the woke Hollywood narrative) rating tells you exactly what you need to know - 39% from "critics" and 95% from the audience.  I'm guessing that they have "targeted" it because of Chris Pratt and the fact that they despise him for rejecting wokism?

Anyway, the series is spectacular!  Even though it could be classified as a "revenge thriller", it exhibits enough unique elements to make it fresh.  The story is compelling and fast paced (I burned through the first 3 episodes on my first sitting, and I rarely binge).  The characters are well thought-out and interesting.  If you've ever watched a Jason Bourne film and wished for a little (or a lot) more emotional buy-in with the characters, then this is for you.  The tactical acumen is spot on (the EFP weapon deployment was a thing of beauty) and the attention to detail is perfect.  Believability with regards to the realism of physical ability and the effects of physical damage are also very accurate - This is not a "Rambo" film, lol.  The story is fast paced, yet detailed and nuanced at the same time.  It has some very touching moments, and some very satisfying payoffs.

I cannot recomend this series highly enough.  Should you happen to watch it, please post your impressions, and also let me know if you can find what the progressives distain so much here...

We watched and enjoyed it a couple months ago. It didn't show white men as weak, stupid villains and women as the saviors of humanity. That's enough to set off the Holly weird biased critics.

For comparison look at how the male heroes of the show Seal Team are irrationally treated by the writers as confused, irresponsible morons while their female characters are mistreated victims, unappreciated geniuses.