Only 3+ Decades

Hi all.. newbie here... finally after 30 some years I have obtained a Carver system.  I always was interested in Carver from the days of reviewing pages of the thick Crutchfield catalogs.. remember them?  So here is my new system.  Just need to work on the CD players... seems to have to warm up a bit to read discs properly and needs a couple new belts...  This has a very interesting sound and runs quite well with my Polk monitor 10's.

I look forward to being here.eusa_angel.gif
20160228082201663.jpg
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the site, nice setup! You should feel at home here, grab a beer and turn up the volume! How is your 390t working? I am sending mine to Rolland for a refresh soon.

BarryG

• Thank You 1

Howdy bluefan, and welcome to the forum. Glad you hopped on board the Carver train.

Congrats on your new (to you) Carver gear, and thanks for posting a photo so we didn't have to beg. msp_thumbup.gif

If you could resist the urge to position your Polks 6 or 8 feet apart, you'll be good with sonic holography or simply SH as most folks here reverently call it. Three feet(or less) will do wonders. And then you'll be hooked for at least the next 30 years!
Welcome to the place to be!msp_thumbup.gif  

Welcome to the forum Bluefan !!

We all look forward to your participation.

Carver and Polks make great music together - nice job in making the union happen.  eusa_clap.gif 

Thanks all for the warm reception.  The monitor 10's sound very good with this system and I am looking forward to adding my ADS's.  Now I understand what the Carver sound (Holography) is like and have enjoyed a few hours (many) listening to this system.
One issue that I have is with the 390t cd player.  The screw drive for the turntable/wheel that holds the CDs can get noisy.  I was going to remove the turntable to take a look but there is a round cap in the center that covers the access to the screw.  Anyone ever remove that cap?  Its on pretty tight and even a dental pic cannot get in to leverage it up.  The service manual does show this round cap as a separate part.. here is a pic of the top and bottom.. Thanks all!

20160229103045740.jpg20160229103255324.jpg