It's Here !!!

B-Man

Received in the mail today. Thanks, Mark! eusa_clap.gif

Just finished listening, both disks correct in all tracks. Unfortunately my gf has a migraine tonight, so I can't crank it like I want. The dog perked his ears up on some tracks, though!

My old player decided to die (again) last night, I've got (an even older) one coming from Kev. The stand-in is an old ultra-cheap no-name with no digital out, so I'm reserving critical listening until I get the replacement installed. 

But so far, I'm highly impressed! Good job everybody! 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Carver SDA 490t disc player doesn't recognize either disc or they are both blank. I will try them on something else tomorrow

Please let me know if they work on another player, or pop them in your computer and see if the content is correct...?

Got mine Mark and thank you Converted to flac for work (headphones) added titles thinking of putting it up on Box.com tonight for members to upload FLAC version with titles.

Superb! Eric Kunzel sounds like my Telarc Version!

• Thank You 1

Mine sat in the mailbox overnight, I am tending to a ill wife. Did retrieve it just now & all tracks are okay on a quick select-next-track tour but a play through with reference to the notes will have to wait until she is recovered. The packaging & CDs look outstanding. This is such an excellent project, Daddyjt!
CarverRefDisc20142014_zps15d2bda7.jpg 
  • Thank You 1

Just dropped a new (and tested!) cd 1 in the mail for Brian, Curtis, and Chris.

Please let me know if the others - if memory serves, that batch could have affected about 8-10 sets:( I've already made replacements, and am ready to ship them.

Good news is, the Canadian ones should be fine - they were the first batch:)

My set arrived yesterday and is A-OK. emthup.gif Thanks a million for putting this together Mark.

I haven't done a critical listen yet but what I've heard of the new to me material is intriguing.

Mine was here when I got back from Las Vegas. It's almost like I didn't lose any money at all.
Both my Disc 1 and Disc 2 have Disc 2 content.

New (and tested) disc 1 going out to you tomorrow, sir. I apologize for the issue:-(

Well being the most southernmost member here on the map, I have yet to see it pop in but I have high hopes to see it soon.

Still pondering how to tell the baby and wifey that I need to crank it UP!!

Got mine and have thoroughly enjoyed listening through both discs. I jumped for the remote volume on the first track listening to the rain and HELLO!!! Danged if Dire Strait and SuperTramp didn't love dynamics, crap! Well since I made it through the first 2 at that volume-leave it where it is and the house started fallin' apart. Nice set up Mark, got my sites set high on how well the system worked through the first two then blow the roof off the dam place,hehehemdgust.gif  my bride did know what to do....stuff fallin' off the walls, windows flexing Christmas decorations coming loose and falling off the tree.....and before she could say a thing I says to her "Now that there was brought to you specifically by Bob Carver and his Signature True Subwoofer a 2700 watt self powered 13" on a side brute of a little box!!" party.gif She said" turn that thing down eusa_naughty.gif" dam dumb hippo' s- probably mad because they didn't wipe their feet before coming in the house....but hey, we have both enjoyed the CD' s. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Mine was here when I got back from Las Vegas. It's almost like I didn't lose any money at all.

Both my Disc 1 and Disc 2 have Disc 2 content. 

New (and tested) disc 1 going out to you tomorrow, sir. I apologize for the issue:-(

You're too kind, sir! 

I checked my discs in the car and they both play fine. I put them into the Carver SDA 490t and it doesn't recognize either one of the discs. Anyone have a suggestion?

I ripped them into FLAC using DBPoweramp, then converted to WAVE using the same software. Then I burned them to CD using Power2go.

I am stumped as to why they won't play on the Carver. If anyone has a suggestion for a different format, I will burn another set in that format and get it out to you...

Ideas anyone?

It is not unusual for older CD players to be finicky and have a difficult time play certain brands of burnt CD's.  I don't recall there being any real pattern, but I had a lot of customers who had to buy a certain brand of blanks because it is what their machine seemed to like.