Hello,  I am new to the carver world and actually just starting to get into home audio. Originally,  I had a Yamaha receiver with a klipsch surround sound system which I thought sounded pretty darn good until a friend showed me his setup; consisting of a mxr150 with a pair of carver m200t amps running to some CV 15in pa's. I was completely blown away by how crisp, clear, and accurate it sounded.  Needless to say, I now have my own mxr150 and a set of d-5s for now and my klipsch system sits in the garage. I am definitely interested in learning more about carver equipment and expanding my inventory so I figured this would be a great forum to be on. 

Edited by gburke
  • Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 6

Hey buddy. Glad you could make it. Yes everyone, this is a very good friend of mine that I got hooked on Carver gear. I work with him everyday and talk audio stuff most of the time. Welcome Greg and soon some of the admins will chime in and give you a warm welcome. 

This is a great site and plenty of great people here to help you in your OCCD journey. :|:

Fotolia_9058674_XS.jpg

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hey buddy. Glad you could make it. Yes everyone, this is a very good friend of mine that I got hooked on Carver gear.

Welcome aboard @gburke!  Glad @Roblead you here to us.  There's a wealth of knowledge on all things Carver in here and I hope you enjoy your stay in here.

• Thank You 2

Hello gburke, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

It appears that Rob has earned an enabler sticker. :D

Welcome to the rabbit hole gburke. When you run out of discretionary funds and hit your credit limit, you'll know how deep it goes. :D

Once you get to Novice status, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome to the CarverSite !!

Be sure to make a few more posts so you can throw some pictures of your system up.

We all look forward to your journey - say goodbye to your wallet !!!  :haha:

• Haha 3

Welcome.jpg

Welcome!  It wasn't that long ago, that my system was based on a Yamaha receiver.  They are no slouch when it comes to sound, but hearing something at the level of Carver gear can be quite an inspiration.

I had known what I was missing, but your "friend" @Rob just dragged you to the brink of the OCCD abyss, and shoved you over the brink.  Your wallet will shortly be taking a contract out on him.  :D

(Well done, Rob - throwing your friends to the lions!  I'm proud of you.)

The good news is that getting into a Carver based system can be quite reasonable, and the equipment lends itself really well to being maintained, and  in some cases vastly improved, from an already amazing level.  The downside is that given it's age, it's all at the point of needing a cap job.  Electrolytic capacitors having about a 25 year life span, give or take.

There no end, and no way out, so sit back, and enjoy the ride!  :)

• Thank You 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2020 at 5:48 PM, kve777 said:

Welcome! I believe I might be helping you expand your inventory. M-1.0t, maybe? Rob's already a goner, but what a way to go...

Actually,  I was thinking a M1.0t would be the perfect addition for my current setup!  I am definitely interested 

• That Rocks 4